the new "jungle"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winkyy

01-23-2012

"This has really been the last straw, what we're playing now is not the League of Legends we loved. Change the summoner spells? fine I'll deal with it. Change the masteries and slightly alter the jungle? Ok, if you insist.... Alter the entire jungle drastically? No.

There's already many threads stating the likes and dislikes of the new jungle but I cannot agree with those in favor of it. The new jungle is ****. A full clear does not give you level 4, even if you decide to do a full clear and gank afterwards it is pointless since most likely the gank will fail by the nature of ghost and flash. The gank fails and you miss out on your only source of xp and gold which is minimal. You fall so far behind that all the enemy jungler has to do is farm his jungle without leaving it to create an uncountable gap of levels and strength between you.

Counterjungling is a term of the past now, you can take an enemies entire side of the jungle and it wont affect him in the slightest. Contesting camps at level 1 is an even more absurd idea now. Double golems no longer give you instant level 2 so champions with that possible route can no longer gank when the enemies are still level 1. I would say nocturne is the strongest jungler as of now. He can farm his jungle fast, and gank from it as well, this is an unfair advantage to others.

The goal was to promote all players to jungle easier even if they're not level 30, have the right champion or setup, an attempt to make most champions viable junglers. What a ****ing joke, try putting a warwick jungling vs a skarner. this creates an even wider gap between jungling speeds. By the time wariwkc finishes his entire jungle it will already spawn. Skarner can do the same but clear it almost twice as fast. This does not make warwick viable, but it makes skarner overpowered, same goes for champions with aoe clears. I managed to play a game in which i stayed in the jungle for 10 minutes straight without ganking and had more money and xp than the lanes. (I was lee sin) I also played another in which i soloed dragon at 6 minutes as lee sin. This is not a jungle you want to play in.

I dislike the new game very much, especially since I am now a full time jungler. If you share the same opinion as me, speak up, make a thread, post a comment, here, anywhere, tell a friend, it doesn't matter, be heard and get riot to change the game back to where it was. How these changes were allowed is beyond all of us, and for some reason they also allowed Ursa to join the League of Legends champion pool. I can't stand playing this game anymore, I hope they do something soon or I fear this may be the end of League of Legends for me."
-CRUMBZZ
These are not my words or my property, but I agree 100 % on this.

Winkyy

01-23-2012

I really wish that you guys would start doing polls on forums or something before you start implementing HUGE changes like this.....

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Guys, the change was a looooooooooong time ago. That was the Volibear patch.

And if you're refering to CRS crumbzz, he still plays.

As a jungler myself, I didn't like the new jungle, AT FIRST. But within a few games and trying some new characters I came to love it.

I agree that it makes older "classic" junglers (Warwick, Fiddlesticks, etc) almost obsolete becasue AoE clears way faster than single target characters. Fiddle can still do okay, but Warwick should be played as a solo top right now (a jungler such as skarner or even malphite or amumu can destroy him).

The jungle was changed a long time ago. New routes and tactics have been discovered (for example, full clear and then a wraith camp gives level 4). If you wanted to complain, you should have been complaining when the volibear patch was released and these changes implemented.

RAGECLOUDBROFIST

01-23-2012

So your assertion is that full clear doesn't give you enough exp and gold, and ganking is impossible AND that counter-jungling doesn't cripple the enemy jungler? You see the contradiction there, right?

Winkyy

01-23-2012

Theyre making the jungle too easy. Tournaments still use old jungle, so you know where the professionals stand on this subject. But yes rage, full clear doesn't give enough gold / xp and ganking causes you fall behind the other jungle (and solo & top lanes) very fastly. If your ganks arn't succesfull I sometimes find myself behind bot level wise..... counter jungling doesn't cripple enemy jungler because the smaller camps respawn so fast, yes taking their red and blue does still hurt them however. Jungling just straight up isn't as fun as it used to be. If the opposing teams lanes do better than yours then you have to gank to gets yours ahead. You lose a lot of xp since the respawn timers are so low now, and you end up falling very far behind. Its ridiculous, the enemy jungler beats you just by sitting in his jungle farming.

Paragons

01-23-2012

As a less than 2 month old player, and a jungler; what was the old jungle like?

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkyy View Post
Theyre making the jungle too easy. Tournaments still use old jungle , so you know where the professionals stand on this subject. But yes rage, full clear doesn't give enough gold / xp and ganking causes you fall behind the other jungle (and solo & top lanes) very fastly. If your ganks arn't succesfull I sometimes find myself behind bot level wise..... counter jungling doesn't cripple enemy jungler because the smaller camps respawn so fast, yes taking their red and blue does still hurt them however. Jungling just straight up isn't as fun as it used to be. If the opposing teams lanes do better than yours then you have to gank to gets yours ahead. You lose a lot of xp since the respawn timers are so low now, and you end up falling very far behind. Its ridiculous, the enemy jungler beats you just by sitting in his jungle farming.
You're SOOOO WRONG. The tournaments don't use the old jungle. They run on the new masteries and jungle and champs like volibear are avaliable. Did you watch Kiev at all?

And jungling can be much more fun now. Playstyle's a little different, but you can be more unpredictable and try different things.

You can outlevel bot easily by playing an AoE jungler. The low timers don't mean a huge exp loss, because THEY AREN'T WORTH AS MUCH. You will have a ton of farm if you use AoE. Who are you jungling bro? Warwick? Get with the program.

@Zonata A full clear (blue, wolves, wraiths, red, golems) gave level 4. You could get level 3 with golems, wraiths, wolves (only like 2 now) IF you had the old experience mastery. More or less you had to run a lot of points in utility. That tree was way better than the others before the jungle change. Also, the three minor camps spawned less often, started with more health, and their minor creeps were worth more money. The double golems were both the big golem and gave level 2 if you did them first. There was no healing buff on the big creep in camps. It was more difficult to jungle, but Fiddlesticks and Warwick were far better in it than they are now.

-Savage

Endomarru

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWolves View Post
You're SOOOO WRONG. The tournaments don't use the old jungle. They run on the new masteries and jungle and champs like volibear are avaliable. Did you watch Kiev at all?

And jungling can be much more fun now. Playstyle's a little different, but you can be more unpredictable and try different things.

You can outlevel bot easily by playing an AoE jungler. The low timers don't mean a huge exp loss, because THEY AREN'T WORTH AS MUCH. You will have a ton of farm if you use AoE. Who are you jungling bro? Warwick? Get with the program.

@Zonata A full clear (blue, wolves, wraiths, red, golems) gave level 4. You could get level 3 with golems, wraiths, wolves (only like 2 now) IF you had the old experience mastery. More or less you had to run a lot of points in utility. That tree was way better than the others before the jungle change. Also, the three minor camps spawned less often, started with more health, and their minor creeps were worth more money. The double golems were both the big golem and gave level 2 if you did them first. There was no healing buff on the big creep in camps. It was more difficult to jungle, but Fiddlesticks and Warwick were far better in it than they are now.

-Savage
I'm a relatively new jungler and I wanted to know why Fiddlesticks isn't considered viable. I haven't tried jungling with him yet but I do use Amumu, Udyr, and Rammus quite often.

Winkyy

01-23-2012

Yeah you can outlevel them for the first clear, then what? You put out a few ganks here and there then all of a sudden youre 3 levels under everybody, and even if you had succesfull ganks and managed to get the kills, youre now worthless because of your xp loss. And yes, you do lose xp ganking because theyre on a much smaller timer now and not worth as much xp/gold, so when you go to gank theyre up already, and if you dont clear them as soon as they spawn (which nobody does, srs?) then you are losing xp and you are losing gold. You dont know anything about the jungle all you've played is skarner ffs and hes the #1 jungle right now with AoE clears. To keep up with the lanes you'd have to have timers on all spawn camps and gank accordingly, which, to be honest, is impossible. You can't coordinate that. And everytime you go back youre losing a hell of a lot more xp and gold then the solo and top lanes. New jungle is screwed

Winkyy

01-23-2012

fresh lvl 30's 2gud