Diving WM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Anyone else hate this? I know it's the cool thing to hold WM, and I know why. What I hate is diving any turret with Alistar or Rammus there. I find myself winning their bot often instead. Of course they'll try to win bot back shortly afterward, at which time we take top with superior numbers. How can one advocate a 3v3 when the enemy has turret advantage and tank advantage? I don't know. Still not decided on this. Just know that bot ganks work quite well for me as Mr. Sin.

Convince me I'm wrong.
Convince me I'm right.
Convince me every which way but loose.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

the correct way to get a turret is push lane and let minion do the work
dive is only viable when its at end game, because you have more survivability in general

if alistair or rammus dive your tower, you cant do much, but just harass them under your tower and they will get killed by turret

QSS does help against rammus, but a defending style champion is better at defending in general...

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
if alistair or rammus dive your tower, you cant do much, but just harass them under your tower and they will get killed by turret
I don't care about them under my turret. I care about my team under their turret.

Quote:
the correct way to get a turret is push lane and let minion do the work
Perhaps I will advocate this more in blind pick.

FDru

01-23-2012

You should just avoid turrets with tanks sitting on them unless they're alone, they're already hurt and you already have a lot of minions built up. Wasting time pushing is just asking to get wiped after their team comes to help them, and diving them is the stupidest thing you could do. If there's a tank and their team on the tower, grab one of their other turrets that are wide open.

Yaladilae

01-23-2012

I play blind pick exclusively too

you would be suprised (at least at my elo) that instead of running directly to WM, you push lane, they will come join
works 9/10 of the time

They might clear your wave quick, but if you keep farming the lane and keep it pushed, the tower will fall (quite fast too)

And sorry, your post was kinda confusing

EDIT: FDru is right also, but in blind pick, teams aren't always that coordinated to gank or to go for their "weakness" in general

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
If there's a tank and their team on the tower, grab one of their other turrets that are wide open.
You're just telling me what I at least implied to you. Your Urgotian tactics are devilish!

But srs, thanks for confirmation.

Quote:
FDru is right also, but in blind pick, teams aren't always that coordinated to gank or to go for their "weakness" in general
As I said in my OP, I like to gank and win bottom. Just posting here to see if I was a wrong, wrong man; I've played with some players who think diving WM is the only answer. Perhaps they were all fools and madmen!

Yaladilae

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
As I said in my OP, I like to gank and win bottom. Just posting here to see if I was a wrong, wrong man; I've played with some players who think diving WM is the only answer. Perhaps they were all fools and madmen!
I think i should go to sleep, it's quite late on my side

but yes, you are correct to gank their bot when its gankable

jars

01-23-2012

that's why your team should have 1 garrison

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
that's why your team should have 1 garrison
Is he really that OP on Dominion? In lieu of trashtalk, perhaps I should link the following to my enemies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJe3L56AP54

Garrison, you're just too good.

Melvear

01-23-2012

Attacking any point where you don't have a number advantage is a bad idea. I don't care if it's my mid or my bot, if there's 2 there and we're 2, unless they are badly hurt or amazingly squishy, I'm going elsewhere.
I've lost games because my team would bang their head on our mid that was guarded by a very good heimer or multiple enemies.

I find it very amusing when people ***** at me cause "I don't help top" when they have 3-4 top and I go gank and cap bot (just like you said you did). We have 3 and they're still mad.