Strategy for a 4v5 start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

So if you play enough Dominion, you start getting a significant number of games where it's 1:15 in and someone on your team hasn't moved or bought yet. Now about half the time, they'll show up in a minute or two. Whether their computer needed a restart or they alt-tabbed during loading for too long, it doesn't matter. You're down a player and can still hope they'll show up. So how do you start?

Most solo queues I've seen the champs will just try to to run the same strategy as normal, thinking that maybe they'll win the 3v4 fight top. I've seen it happen, but it's bad tactics. What do you do instead?

Ganking their mid in jungle isn't unusual, and it's effective to be up in kills even though doing so gives your opponents windmill sooner.

1 mid, 1 bot, 2 go through jungle to gank/cap bot gives you 3 caps pretty quickly, but leaves your mid open to be hit pretty hard.

Thoughts? Other strategies?

KimKelley

01-23-2012

I think ganking their bot is a pretty effective strategy. Although 2 going top to sell the gank is a better strat. They just need to not get killed so they can cover mid. Alternatively, send one mid, one to their mid, and 3 to their bot. You might get lucky.

urmamasllama

01-23-2012

both sound good

FDru

01-23-2012

In any case you're going to feed them a bunch of gold after they recap whatever it is you decided to take. I've tried a few different strategies but they almost always end up giving the other team a bigger advantage.

Ganking their mid with all three top players is usually easy to do, but if they're smart they'll notice you aren't at top and head down there to stop you. This could end up in you wiping and losing your mid.

Ganking their bot is almost always a sure thing as long as you send 3 there, but they are going to recall and recap it immediately, and the end result is their team being fed more gold.

The problem is that, unlike in SR, there is no advantage at all to being outnumbered in Dominion and there's nothing at all you can do to exploit it. You're just screwed.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

i like the steal their mid whilst the other fight top, at least you know you loose WM, but then you neutralised one of their point (or even capped it) and you can always move down to gank bot once whilst they all rush back to their mid

Basoosh

01-23-2012

I generally like ganking bottom right away. Sure they are just going to recapture it right back, but you will keep the score relatively close for a short time at least. And that's about as good as you can hope for in a 4v5 situation. By the time your fifth gets back in, hopefully you aren't down several hundred points.

Going after mid is alright, but you almost never successfully cap that middle node since its so close to their windmill teammates. So you maybe get a kill, maybe get a node neutralization. I think going bot is a much better deal.