What's the point of dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labomba

01-23-2012

You need to consider that LoL balances champions based on it's flagship mode, Summoner's Rift. It would be an impossible task to balance all 90+ champions for each different map.

Dominion should be enjoyed for the style and quick pace of the game. I don't think there's an overwhelming disadvantage when someone picks a particular champion. Sure, some may have an edge over another champion in Dominion, but the same can be said for Summoner's Rift.

What's the good news? You can pick those "OP" champions as well. If you feel certain champions give a big advantage, then pick them. It's pretty simple.

urmamasllama

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutsMigrate View Post
I started playing TT recently and I just don't get the draw to it. So far all i've come across is people picking champions that this match setting favors heavily. And they win because of it. I personally believe this was just half baked idea that Riot shot out of their asses. Because there is nothing balanced about dominion. It gives a clear advantage to some champs. And more often then not you go against people exploiting those advantages. Riot could have done something way more useful with their time. Like actually balancing out champs or giving us a new map to play on. But nope they gave us TT the most unbalanced and pointless match setting in any online game ever.
see it works with other things too... but not really

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

01-23-2012

The vast majority of all champions on Dom are viable. Every week I'm seeing people try out champions with various builds and it is working amazingly well. I honestly think Shen and Rene are the only two champions that so far don't feel like they can do well here. Even Ashe does great if she manages a role of slowing all enemies rather than focusing one person.

SR is a game of strategy. Strategies are longer term, slower plans. SR can be carried by one person on the team.
Dom is a game of tactics. Tactics are shorter term, quicker plans. Dom needs effective teamwork no matter what.

CoconutsMigrate

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labomba View Post
You need to consider that LoL balances champions based on it's flagship mode, Summoner's Rift. It would be an impossible task to balance all 90+ champions for each different map.

Dominion should be enjoyed for the style and quick pace of the game. I don't think there's an overwhelming disadvantage when someone picks a particular champion. Sure, some may have an edge over another champion in Dominion, but the same can be said for Summoner's Rift.

What's the good news? You can pick those "OP" champions as well. If you feel certain champions give a big advantage, then pick them. It's pretty simple.
lol it's really funny to sit here and watch people try to poke fun. Because they are really bad at it. Wit is something the people on this game clearly lack. All this game does is pump out new champs twice a month. I don't know maybe riot thinks quantity is better then quality. But i'd rather have twenty good champion rather then 90+ champions. With the majority of them either being unbalanced or just plain ****ty. I've been playing this game for about a year now. And honestly I think that's more then enough for me. The amount of childish morons and poor champion maintenance has really soured me on this game. But it's like i've been saying for the past several months. LoL truly has the worst community in online gaming.

Oddjustice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
lol it's really funny to sit here and watch people try to poke fun. Because they are really bad at it. Wit is something the people on this game clearly lack. All this game does is pump out new champs twice a month. I don't know maybe riot thinks quantity is better then quality. But i'd rather have twenty good champion rather then 90+ champions. With the majority of them either being unbalanced or just plain ****ty. I've been playing this game for about a year now. And honestly I think that's more then enough for me. The amount of childish morons and poor champion maintenance has really soured me on this game. But it's like i've been saying for the past several months. LoL truly has the worst community in online gaming.
"I came here looking to pick a fight with my comments, got what I came for, and took my ball home with me when I quit."

QQ, see you on the Fields of Justice!

CoconutsMigrate

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANJustice View Post
"I came here looking to pick a fight with my comments, got what I came for, and took my ball home with me when I quit."

QQ, see you on the Fields of Justice!
^_^ Ah i'm going to miss people like you. Well not really, it's people like you that ruins this game. But it is amusing to watch you make an ass out of yourself. Well since this is my last post on my thread ever I'd like to tell both Riot and the LoL community to suck my balls ^_^ you guys are truly terrible people. I'm out.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
Why are you on the forums, then?

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-23-2012

Quote:
I'd like to tell both Riot and the LoL community to suck my balls ^_^ you guys are truly terrible people
Your ignorance...I...

Fe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9yUVgrmPY
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_%28appliance%29

Phourc

01-23-2012

Heh, I don't think it's *us* that's the terrible people in this thread.

ChaoticHypnotic

01-23-2012

The funniest part about this thread...

According to LeagueOfStats, OP has never even played a single game of Dominion.

Hahahahaha.