What's the point of dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoconutsMigrate

01-23-2012

I started playing dominion recently and I just don't get the draw to it. So far all i've come across is people picking champions that this match setting favors heavily. And they win because of it. I personally believe this was just half baked idea that Riot shot out of their asses. Because there is nothing balanced about dominion. It gives a clear advantage to some champs. And more often then not you go against people exploiting those advantages. Riot could have done something way more useful with their time. Like actually balancing out champs or giving us a new map to play on. But nope they gave us dominion the most unbalanced and pointless match setting in any online game ever.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Lots of us play Dominion. If it's not your thing, that's fine.

Honestly though, about 60% of the champs are perfectly viable on dominion, and most of the ones that aren't are underpowered on SR too. There's no real pure-tank or pure-support on Dom, but Blitz, Singed, Soraka & Leona (for example) do great there when built with a bit more damage.

B1ueFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Isn't the point to have a faster LoL game? Perhaps you don't enjoy it but there are others that do.

Oddjustice

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutsMigrate View Post
I started playing dominion recently and I just don't get the draw to it. So far all i've come across is people picking champions that this match setting favors heavily. And they win because of it. I personally believe this was just half baked idea that Riot shot out of their asses. Because there is nothing balanced about dominion. It gives a clear advantage to some champs. And more often then not you go against people exploiting those advantages. Riot could have done something way more useful with their time. Like actually balancing out champs or giving us a new map to play on. But nope they gave us dominion the most unbalanced and pointless match setting in any online game ever.
Derp, stop liking things that I don't like, derp.

/thread

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-23-2012

Quote:
most unbalanced and pointless match setting in any online game ever
Born yesterday, installed LoL, headed to forums.

Tempname281

01-23-2012

It's fast, it's fun, it's dominion!

Oddjustice

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
Born yesterday, installed LoL, headed to forums.
Best comment ever.

KimKelley

01-23-2012

Quote:
So far all i've come across is people picking champions that this match setting favors heavily. And they win because of it..
..and i never see this happening in any other Lol mode or video game!

Basoosh

01-23-2012

Quote:
I started playing dominion recently and I just don't get the draw to it. So far all i've come across is people picking champions that this match setting favors heavily. And they win because of it.
Replace Dominion with Summoner's Rift. Your sentence still works.

Shaxtenn

01-23-2012

Dominion is the arcade mode of League of Legends. It cuts out the first 15-20 minutes of SR, which is spent doing nothing but farming (oh and ganks people flash away from). It's focused on capture and hold, rather than pushing, distinguishing it from ARAM, the other, less-legitimate arcade mode.

Certain champions are grossly unbalanced on Dominion. That isn't an issue with the game mode itself, but it does make it harder to enjoy.