Jungler OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonkeyBalls

01-23-2012

Does the jungler have too much impact on game results?

Discuss

Mastergamer2k5

01-23-2012

Yes. A bad jungler leads to poorly supported lanes, which leads to lost towers, which leads to an enemy gold advantage, which leads to enemies buying better equipment, which leads to enemies beating you in team fights, which leads to you losing the game.

*NOTE: This is assuming both teams are of equal skill.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

No jungler vs jungler tends to result in a win for the jungler. So yes, the skill of the jungler is important towards winning the game, but I would say it is not as over-impacting as you suggest.

Mastergamer2k5

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWolves View Post
No jungler vs jungler tends to result in a win for the jungler. So yes, the skill of the jungler is important towards winning the game, but I would say it is not as over-impacting as you suggest.
What do you mean "jungler vs jungler?" In a counter-jungle situation, killing the enemy jungler means free gold for you to buy better gear and wasted time for the enemy, meaning they'll be under-leveled and under-farmed.

A jungler's job is at it's most important early to mid-game, setting up ganks so your teammates can push/farm for free. Late game, you're really just another teammate in teamfights, a teammate with only 1 summoner spell at your disposal instead of 2. A good jungler can give every lane the upper hand, with killing power or fear of presence, while a bad jungler basically makes the game a 4v5.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

I meant "No Jungler" vs "Jungler" as in "team w/ no jungler" vs "team w/ jungler" bud. Happens at low levels and is good to analyze the usefulness of the roles.