Prepaid Riot Gamecards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

radica

10-14-2009

I have a question. So I pre-ordered the game online. Will I be able to spend the $10 Riot points that suppose to come with the per-order during the beta testing? Will an e-mail be sent to me tomorrow to be able to redeem the points to test?

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by radica View Post
I have a question. So I pre-ordered the game online. Will I be able to spend the $10 Riot points that suppose to come with the per-order during the beta testing? Will an e-mail be sent to me tomorrow to be able to redeem the points to test?
No you won't. Read the statement? It says it clearly in it that you won't be able to.

Arianna

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
What I'm curious about is if we can get both and apply them to the same account to double the benefits? Or at least get partial benefits from both (I figure they aren't going to give you 40 starting heroes with both, but double the special runes and Riot cash and having both preorder skins would be fine).
^
This. I pre-ordered online and am considering picking up a pre-order at Gamestop as well; but I would like confirmation on this before I spend more money on it if I can't use both on one account.

My name is Mark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-14-2009

Not knowing how much anything is going to cost is going to make me hold off on buying one of these riot game cards as well as hold off on pre-purchasing the game. Please give us some prices, and some things that you are planning to sell.

kotachua

10-14-2009

hi i am from singapore so i am wondering if the riot cards is avaliable in singapore's 7-11 outlets too?

Tuul

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
No you won't. Read the statement? It says it clearly in it that you won't be able to.
what statement are you reading, because it certainly states absolutely nothing about collectors edition riot cards.

Exirrel

10-14-2009

Is this going to turn into some 'if you dont pay more money in addition to what you spent on the game, your not going to get the full extent of the game' sort of deal?

mermin

10-14-2009

Of course u won't get the "FULL" extent without paying money, or else who would (other than saving time). Basically, you WILL miss out on exclusive stuff that people who pay get, but it won't matter. You don't NEED the full extent to be competitive at all or have fun. They won't sell power, mostly just aesthetic stuff AFAIK.

SiezureNoodles

10-15-2009

*sigh....*

I really wish people could learn to read the WHOLE thread before they post the same question that has been answered before.

/ragedone

Either way, I think it would be nice if Riot allowed those of us that preordered the game to use our Riot Points in the beta. Heck we technically payed more than those that buy the cards at the store, considering the preorders started at 30 bucks if i remember correctly. Honestly I find that even 30 minus the $10 in RP was too much to preorder a game that we have to download anyways, but that is not what is being discussed here.

Corvus Corax

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
Influence Points can still be spent to unlock any champion in the game. You will be able to spend your Riot Points as an alternate currency to unlock champions if you wish to accelerate the rate at which you acquire them.

However, Riot is dedicated to fair play, so we will not be selling anything for RP that directly equates to power in game. Items of this nature (such as runes) are exclusively purchased through IP.
Thanks for the answer, I also doubted it for a second. Not being able to play any given champ freely would be a tragic departure for some of us. I guess Riot points will make it much easier and add in the desire to support Riot it is a real incentive. (But the thing is, it might not be such a "pick-up & play" game in NET cafés.)