How to do this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thaladred

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Hey guys! So I saw this picture somewhere online (I think deviant art) and thought it was freaking bad-a. I was wondering how I could make something like this? Would it require Photoshop or could I use some free program to make something like this myself?
I would like to use the same concept, except different skins/portraits :P

Here is the original link:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...sters#/d4mh72b

Aimee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

You would probably need photoshop to do the effects. As for the main idea of having them lined up like that, paint would work fine. The reflection would most likely have to be worked on in photoshop. Either a reflection tool or the hard way by transforming the image upside down then fading and changing the opacity.

Bob Mosses

01-23-2012

I think it would be fairly simple, but I do think you would need photoshop

Stacona

01-23-2012

Photoshop for sure can do this - gimp is freeware which is like photoshop and may be able to do this on that as well-
All you need to do is get a solid black background or another background you want, crop the images to be all the same rectangle shape and size, align them the way you want to align them, make all the layers (not the black background/ background you want) to be together (using photoshop this will be ctrl+e and need to click the layer above and it will immerse with the layer below it), then just copy and paste that layer (you may need to select the image with the selection tool and then copy the image, the layer needs to be highlighted otherwise you be copying nothing), and then paste it onto a NEW layer, flip the second image vertically, position it how you want it to be positioned, go to the layer and right click it and believe it is properties and mess with the transparency to the way you like it, to get the fade effect just make your erase tool fade out and on a pretty big size and just one click at a time until you get the fade you want for the reflection...
Hope this helps =)

Thaladred

01-23-2012

oooh man. sounds like i got a lot of learning to do haha thanks for the information!!