General advice on how to play...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shockwave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Howdy, I'm looking for some general advice on how to play a few champs on Dominion.

Xerath - How strong is he bot, or is he even worth sending bot? How hard of a time will he have pushing back the tide against someone like Sivir or Yorick? What are some good starting items? I imagine a catalyst bot is probably a decent starting point unless you need a lot of dodge, and prospectors + boots for top.

Volibear - Just stack health tank items, maybe throw in an ionic spark? I imagine send him top, try and soak up damage in the early fight and toss a key target for your team to munch. Doesn't seem to be anything terribly subtle about him, any general tips or insights for playing him on dominion?

Brand, Skarner, Vladamir - I really don't have any idea of where you would send these guys or what you would build on them beyond the obvious. Anyone have any clever tips or tricks for these guys?

Also, if anyone has any general advice, be it runes, items, or other ideas, I'll take it. I'm not bad at Dom, just looking to get better with some characters that don't seem to be overly straightforward

Bonabon

01-22-2012

I can't imagine Xerath being any good bot without some serious CDR. The moment you Q you're open for some free harass since your only other damaging ability pre-6 is your E. And being that your Q is the only way for you to push effectively he'd just be outclassed by so many other typical bot lane champs.

From my experience facing Xerath's, he works most effectively utilizing his ridiculous range with W to poke/nuke enemies from the FoW; turning what the opponents might think is a 2v2 into a 2v3.

Brand I usually did CDR/AP. Though usually went with a FH over Morello's just for a little defense. When he was free the other week I usually did pretty well with him even though I'd never played him before. I don't know if it's more worth it to just focus strong AP if you're confident on your ability to land his Q and W (if he can burst any squish down with one combo). I'd say he could really go top or bot, though his mana consumption early game is pretty painful so bot would be a hard place without building for sustain. Plus his AoE makes him pretty useful at the initial fight for Windmill.

Shockwave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Gotcha. How often did you find you were getting focused as brand/ having to watch your positioning before you would cast?

urmamasllama

01-22-2012

don't know about the rest of those champs but the only thing bona is right about with xerath is that you need max cdr, however i go about it with blues quints and masteries, the only item i get for cdr is ionian boots. the key to xerath is his massive ability to kite and building to that effect. at the start put one point in everything beyond that skill order is RQWE.
start with prospectors and boots finish your boots and immediately rush rylais beyond this everything else is situational. with a rylais you can kite push and harass easily. late game when Q and W are maxed your kite combo is either WQW or WEQW.
keep in mind xerath is incredibly hard to play you need 1337 motion prediction skills something im still not the best at, and you need to remember to use your ult only to defend a tower or if you know it will get you the kill. because the mere threat of it coming will keep many opponents wary of coming in for the kill