>>Suggestion<< MIA Button!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deeeekz

02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPanty View Post
It doesn't need to be of a different color, but a small interrogation mark in the mini map would suffice.
agreed a ? ping on the minimap would make a lot of sense and you could also add a sound for the respected lane. example I ping ? in the top lane and it adds a sound saying TOP missing in action.

ChasetheWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2011

or if u acually just play smart u can just ping when mia's happen

Robituss

02-01-2011

Quote:
11-08-2010, 02:59 AM
I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!!!
1.There can be a set of enemy champ pics opposite of ours and each have an MIA button by it.
2.Click the MIA button by the champ picture and poof, sends an "MIA "JAX"' in chat to your team and darkens his/her/it's picture with MIA over it. This can be toggled to remove when found after 30 seconds.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!
This seems the best way to me, except preferably even simpler; no need for the darkening of the character's picture and paste an MIA over it, that would be way too intensive with having to worry about somebody removing it. Just keep a simple text warning sent to chat when the button is clicked.

As for the alternate ping color suggestion, also too complicated in my mind; people have enough problems with spamming pings as it is. It might be okay for premades, but if you're in a premade you wouldn't need the feature to begin with. In pugs there would be different colors going off all over the mini map, it would be a little disorienting imo.

As for the complaint about it clogging the interface, I'm sure Riot could make a way to introduce these buttons unobtrusively, plus I'm sure they would be customizable through the interface options; they could even throw in the option to disable entirely if you'd rather type. Tack on some keybinding capabilities to top it off?

Yeah sign me up.

Lightless Dawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-01-2011

I don't understand how this board idea got a developer salute a year and a half ago, but haven't heard anything since... puzzles the mind. It's a great idea.

Terrascene

02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etris View Post
Add a button to the In-Game HUD that is quickly accessible to the player that triggers an MIA response to your teammates. Put a 10 second re-click timer on it so that it cannot be spammed for childish reasons.

This button could either place a distinct ping on the screen with the initials "MIA" on the map of where your character's closest relation to the map is (Top Lane, Middle Lane, Bottom Lane), or possibly signal a text entry in the center of the screen stating the location of the MIA, also depending on where you stand when selecting the MIA button.

- Text Warning

or

- Ping Display for mini map

or

- Sound Warning (Players are MIA top, mid, bottom)

The intention of this button would be for any casual player or hard-core player who does not have the 2-3 seconds of extra time to type in a MIA warning. I can't tell you how often the enemies in my lane who seem to be mia suddenly jump out of bushes or flank me from other lanes to gank while I'm typing mid sentence, leaving me vulnerable to a guarenteed kill.
I love this idea a lot actually. sometimes when im overwhelmed in a 2v1 lane and im trying to not lose my tower i sometimes dont get a chance to type " X MIA from X" the idea of an MIA button would be great

BestScytherNA

02-01-2011

Just call mia like usual, ping the possible victims, and spam enter b enter b enter b until they get the idea.

works fairly well

godzmack

02-02-2011

What about the "care" button, care top is mia, care somone is in that brush, care get back, etc. Would work perfect with a different colored ping like suggested before.

Totex

02-03-2011

Just as there's a Left Side portraits for your team, make a Right Side portrait for the enemy team where you can interact with it, like click to call mia and modifier + click (alt, shift, ctrl) to call returns

HeroicFrog

02-04-2011

Umm, so about your Localization problem, h'about a different ping sound(very different, so people will know), and instead of MIA, just have a question mark pop up. It'd be simple, easy to understand.

To make things even better, hold tab, bringing the champ icons up, simply click the champion and a message is sent stating the champion is MIA
like so:

Action - Player clicks on enemy Ashe

Result - (in chat) Ashe - ???

My 2 cents.