>>Suggestion<< MIA Button!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

diznoid2

10-22-2009

Or, you could hit TAB and see which enemy heros are grey.

Corvus Corax

10-22-2009

No reason to add a mia button to the game. We already have Enter, M, I and A keys on keyboards, right?

Kimmy Gibler

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitfox View Post
Press G then Left click = Blue Standard Ping
Press G then right click = Red Sonar Ping (as in target potentiallly there)
You are so money, you don't even know it. This is full of win.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
btw, i really like this idea.

I have some thoughts about a long term gesture based message system, but this would be really nice in the short term.

Like it's been mentioned, it would be nice to work like the ping button - press and then click in your lane. Depending on team, the correct msg would go out.

Or we could try the alternate ping, but I'm iffy about plastering text on the minimap b/c of localization (I know MIA would work for english, though).
Gestures? Like mouse gestures?

That would be incredibly awesome. I'm an Opera browser user, partially because of how much I love mouse gestures. Being able to quickly move my mouse and hit a key to call out "MIA" and "returned". You could do a lot of nifty quick communications with it, too.

TitaniumDJ

10-22-2009

I have a Nostromo (small programmable keyboard) and my I just have macros for "top mia", "bot mia", "mid mia." all available via a single keystroke. Works great.

Etris

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
No reason to add a mia button to the game. We already have Enter, M, I and A keys on keyboards, right?

Etris: <ENTER> "M, I, A" <SPACE> "B, ...

Jax crits you for 450!
Jax hits you for 200!
Jax hits you for 220!

Etris: <RIGHT CLICK> <RIGHT CLICK> "A, A, B, B, B, B" "What the hell!!!" "Oh"

Etris: <ENTER> "MIA AABBBB"

Etris has been pwned!

Jax is Legendary!!!!

Branedead

04-04-2010

Absolutely great idea. bump

BroForgotnglory

04-04-2010

I have to say i really like the idea of an alternate color ping... if i had a nickle for every time i pinged where an mia enemy went, and a random pub went running there only to get ganked.... i'd be one rich man...

Greensamo

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroForgotnglory View Post
I have to say i really like the idea of an alternate color ping... if i had a nickle for every time i pinged where an mia enemy went, and a random pub went running there only to get ganked.... i'd be one rich man...

^ This.

Also previous poster, missed thequote.. SHIFT + HOME/END, works. Just doesn't highlight it. But, if you click with your mouse anytime before doing anything with the text, it doesn't work. Its pretty buggy chat box imo.

KuBaN

04-19-2010

IDEA: What about having the enemy team frames on the right (without health/mana bars) that are darkened by default. Alt + Clicking the unit's frame will reveal/light up the frame (or some sort of flashing attention-getter) to indicate the unit is MIA. Repeating this action will retract the MIA call. Something like a 5 second cooldown on each unit's frame should hopefully prevent any spammage.