>>Suggestion<< MIA Button!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

qwertybirdy

10-18-2009

bump

AFKray

10-18-2009

you could just have it flash a warning or something? Or have it that when the enemy doesn't show up on the minimap for like 8 seconds or something, a warning will go out to the team saying X hero is MIA, or missing or what not.

EVILTeddy

10-19-2009

A MIA buttons will be great. Right now the only way to show a MIA hero is by typing it in the chat log. However, there is a damn delay when I press enter and try to type MIA ... also idk if they fix this, but you cannot use the shortcuts in the chat log. Shorcuts like SHIFT+HOME of SHIFT+END ... we need that to quickly erase our text instead of clicking.

Logo

10-19-2009

Well even something that works like the current "Defend Turret" "Attack X champion" etc. would work great. It'd be nice if it said who was MIA but even if it just said "Top MIA", "Mid MIA", "Bottom MIA" in the chatlog it'd be a start.

Good idea!

There also needs to be a hotkey for this or at least click + modifier(s).

zarithyl

10-19-2009

Definitely make it hotkeyed too. I'm not 100% sure but maybe just Z X C for top, middle, bottom.

Etris

10-19-2009

Have some sort of MIA Alarm. Makes an alarm sound and flashes the section of the map where the enemy was last seen, red.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etris View Post
Have some sort of MIA Alarm. Makes an alarm sound and flashes the section of the map where the enemy was last seen, red.
automatically?

hell no

Etris

10-20-2009

I agree with your "hell no" if this turned out to be an automatic warning when someone entered fog of war. I was indicating following some sort of action like pressing an MIA button or some key commands that could set off a map alarm similar to pinging just with a unique alarm noise and maybe flashing red section of the mini map. Nothing should be done automatically, I entirely agree with you.

komodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2009

automatic systems would completely remove the (already tiny) map awareness most pub-players have.

If there would be a button (+ hotkey of course) to signal a miss, then communicating with teammates would be a lot easier. Especially because you don't always have time to type a few seconds every time someone is missing. A small 'miss' or 'mia' text on the mini map location of your choice (for example: the place your mouse is when u click the mia button) could be uselfull to specify where someone is missing.

stormlifter

Adjudicator

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Or we could try the alternate ping, but I'm iffy about plastering text on the minimap b/c of localization (I know MIA would work for english, though).
I tend to think MIA has transcended being just English. I know I've seen people who couldn't type a lick of English out there saying, "bot MIA", then seconds after, "dog walked and hit poll top". I think we can agree MIA is pretty universal.