Akali... Friend or Foe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ėnigma

01-22-2012

I recently purchased Akali... Ive played her a total of 10 games so far... I like the mechanics of the champ but i could use some advice on how to build her.

I was told to basically rush a Gunblade and then go a rageblade. I can see the effectiveness but late game im just getting pummeled before i can do anything in a team fight. Any advice on the matter?

deathfromabove56

01-22-2012

She is an assassin, your best bet is to try and not have anyone notice you entering the group fight. My best advice is to be the last one on your team into battle. If they target you, stealth for a bit, then come back out when they focus other targets

Offthesak

01-22-2012

Boots and Hextech Gunblade is all an Akali needs to go 10/0 for the first 15 minutes of the game. You can then continue to troll by getting a Trinity Force and Banshees Vail.

Akali, Lee Sin and WW are the only champs i know, who could probably go entirely undefeated in a 1 hr SR match with just 2 items (boots+Hextech/Wriggles) and still win it for the team.

Sheldons

01-22-2012

You definitely need tiamat. I find its a must buy on her.

50mm3r

01-22-2012

Akali is my main and i wouldn't build her anything but straight AP. If you can afford a rune page then get both her passives through that and masteries. Start with boots and pots, mid game should be sorcerers shoes, hextech revolver and sheen. I go for rylais next with rabadons after that, followed by a lich bane. Then i upgrade the revolver to a gun blade. Last item i usually get is zhonyas hourglass but sometimes i get a void staff if they are tanky. As for team fights... your an assassin so just wait for the initiation then focus their carries. She works fantastic as clean up too.

Ėnigma

01-23-2012

thanks for the tips ill give them a shot

Vaarsuvis

01-24-2012

Well, I would go with Ryal's scepter as you get HP and survival ability, aswell as slow on your abilities, then maybe Hextech and after that lichbane, that's how I built her and it works very good for me ,
Fights start definetly after initiate and wait for main CDs to be used, then use Q>R>E combo on carry which should get them really low, with your lichbane passive you could get them in that one combo

Serpentongue

01-24-2012

Revolver ASAP. After that, either Gunblade or Rylai's, depending on whether or not you need the HP. After that, AP. Ignore AD, just get AP all the way. If you have a good amount of AP, consider a Lich Bane.

legitimatealex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2012

Huzzah, a thread I feel completely competent in responding to.

I feel that if you want to play Akali optimally you're going to want to build a runepage for her so you can get her passives right off the bat. Having her passives early on makes it much easier to lane and gives her a little more sustain and damage.

As for items, I start off with boots + health pots, get a hextech revolver, merc treads (although sorcer shoes might be better depending on the situation, I like being able to get away if things go south), then a rylais or a sheen. Either way, after I get both rylais and sheen I upgrade the sheen into Lich Bane. Honestly you can get a Rabadons before Lich Bane but I find the a Lich Bane first seems to help me out the most.

So ideally you're going to be looking at:
1. Boots + Health Pots
2. Hextech Revolver,
3. Sorc Shoes or Merc Treads
4. Sheen
5. Rylais
6. Lich Bane or Rabadons.

The rest is really up to you. Others will probably argue its best to get the gunblade first, but if you have the runes to get the passives active, I don't think that's necessary to rush. Your situation will dictate which items you want to build first, but I find myself going down this route the most often. I play Akali mainly and I've had the most success with these items.

I would not recommend getting rageblade at all at any point for any reason, simply because Akali is not an auto attack champion.

Kansei

01-24-2012

you really want merc treads. Sorc shoes don't add much to your burst combo. Hextech Gunblade, Rylai's, and Sheen are good midgame buys. Gunblade first, and then Rylai's if you need some chasing power. Recently I have been finishing the gunblade into a Will of the Ancients if I want to do double WotA with the other solo laner.