Option to disable cross team chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigismund

01-22-2012

I've always found it odd that players from different teams are able to chat to each other in-game. This makes sense in practice games where people are more likely to offer advice and tips, but its main use in ranked/normal games is to insult the opposing team.

Being able to chat wth the enemy team is generally more harmful than it is beneficial to a player's fun, and I, for one, would like to have the option to block enemy chat from appearing on the screen. This would be different from /ignoring a player because it would not keep them /ignored if they happened to find themselves on the same team as you in another game. The option would only prevent them from talking to you in the game that they're your opponent.

I think of the cross-team chat as a carry-over from Warcraft 3 where the main competitive scene was 1v1; it's more often harmful than beneficial in LoL as it's primary use is to troll/insult the opposing team. The default option could still be to have the cros-team chat enabled, but giving the player the option to disable it would really help reduce cases of abuse by the enemy team.

Kirixen

01-25-2012

I'm for it. should be pretty easy to implement, right?

imDiabolic

01-26-2012

If you want to play like that just mute the other team?