[GUIDE] Cho'Gath, The Terror of the Void (Ability Power Style)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achenpach

10-27-2009

Might be possible to stack ROAs on this guy after reading this guide i think AP builds seem pretty darn cool for him

dorkbrains

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

is it a better idea to get a warmogs instead of the rod of ages?

Zophir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-20-2010

just went 18/1/14

Klanky

01-24-2010

I just played my 2nd ever game with cho after reading this guide. 2-0-2 BUT, enemy ashe was completely unfed, even with creep kills (1v1 in middle with me), enemy YI could do nothing, enemy twisted fate tried to ambush me a few times, nom nom half his hp and let my ally pop out and finish him off. Having almost 4k hp by level 10 meant that I could tower dive leading to 2/3 enemy deaths, and 0 ally deaths since tower shooting me. Ashe wasted all her ults on me, teh f33r is important in making enemies make mistakes.

Flash = awesome for him. I found fortify is **** nice too since when I have to leave lane I don't have to worry about tower dying. Also 7 dmn to creeps helps.

Kreati

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klanky View Post
I just played my 2nd ever game with cho after reading this guide. 2-0-2 BUT, enemy ashe was completely unfed, even with creep kills (1v1 in middle with me), enemy YI could do nothing, enemy twisted fate tried to ambush me a few times, nom nom half his hp and let my ally pop out and finish him off. Having almost 4k hp by level 10 meant that I could tower dive leading to 2/3 enemy deaths, and 0 ally deaths since tower shooting me. Ashe wasted all her ults on me, teh f33r is important in making enemies make mistakes.

Flash = awesome for him. I found fortify is **** nice too since when I have to leave lane I don't have to worry about tower dying. Also 7 dmn to creeps helps.
emm i dont wanna be a ****head but 2 0 2 and 4k hp at lvl 10 is impossible

A Graceful Seal

05-05-2010

just used this guide.

the game went to surrender.

i got up to only rylais scept xD

i went 4-0

i destroyed their casters woot woot hahahhaha, and they had a tank chogath that didnt do any damage xD

Lyth329

08-01-2010

Just wanted to say, I love this guide.

I usually run with a rod of ages, whichever boots i should need, then a guardian angel, thornmail, and a deathfire grasp.

Never got past that much, but I always manage 2:1k/d ratio. Last three games and my first three playing Cho I went 11/7, 18/10, and 15/6 all of the games I am pretty dominant in the early stages going 7-1. This guide really helped me, thanks a lot.

Crimefridge

09-18-2010

I don't understand the build. Vorpal Spikes hardly scales well after rank 1, so why not just get... one rank?

1. Vorpal Spikes
2. Rupture (Rupture first because of cooldown for farming!)
3. Feral Scream
4. Feral Scream
5. Feral Scream
6. Feast
7. Feral Scream
8. Rupture
9. Feral Scream
10. Rupture
11. Feast
12. Rupture
13. Rupture
14. Vorpal Spikes
15. Vorpal Spikes
16. Feast
17. Vorpal Spikes
18. Vorpal Spikes

That seems like the most logical build. Rank 1 Vorpal Spikes for some early game Carnivore... then Rank 1 Rupture because the stun doesn't scale, so we can focus on Scream. Dig?

Archalleus

09-19-2010

Try using mana regen/5 per lvl on blues. I do and it completely eliminates mana regen items from the build allowing you to rush better items as long as you use carnivore right. Which shouldn't be a problem since he is an outstanding harasser.

Archalleus

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimefridge View Post
I don't understand the build. Vorpal Spikes hardly scales well after rank 1, so why not just get... one rank?

1. Vorpal Spikes
2. Rupture (Rupture first because of cooldown for farming!)
3. Feral Scream
4. Feral Scream
5. Feral Scream
6. Feast
7. Feral Scream
8. Rupture
9. Feral Scream
10. Rupture
11. Feast
12. Rupture
13. Rupture
14. Vorpal Spikes
15. Vorpal Spikes
16. Feast
17. Vorpal Spikes
18. Vorpal Spikes

That seems like the most logical build. Rank 1 Vorpal Spikes for some early game Carnivore... then Rank 1 Rupture because the stun doesn't scale, so we can focus on Scream. Dig?
Using Feral scream early costs an insane amount of mana. And even the little extra dmg u get from leveling vorpal spikes helps last hit and auto att. You only need a single rank for the silence until later levels when u have the mana and the ap for it to be a useful dmg spell.