Aura Sona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tydina

01-22-2012

Howdy all! So as the title suggests, this post is in regards to Sona building all aura items. Typically this is the build I run on her, and for the way I play her, it seems to work out extremely well. So to make this not a wall of text, I'll keep this short.

What is your thoughts on building only aura items for her?

My end build is Soul Shroud, boots to match opposing elements, Aegis of the Legion/ Stark's Fervor/ Will of the Ancients. Last three are situational builds, depending if we are on the defensive, or Starks or Will based on my team comp. By end of game, all items are built.

Dogo4

01-22-2012

You need Shurelya's =)

Also, it's hard to imagine actually getting all of those items AND still maintain wards/oracles everywhere. Getting HoG and PhiloStone will keep you for a while. During midgame, Aegis and upgrade to Shurelya's. After that, MAYBE Stark's/Will.

Stiler

01-22-2012

To me, building all aura on sona just doesn't seem to fit well.

I have this same opinion on building all aura on a lot of characters.

Hoever with sona, by building all aura items you are basically just there to give them the aura benefits, your heals will be low, dmg will be low, and basically you amount to being a moving buff that must be near your team.

When i play sona, I go meji's. Now you're probably saying "What? MEji's on a support???" but it works. Sona is hands down the EASIEST person to stack on. Because if you heal, speed buff, or q and then ANYONE kills someone after you buffed them in any way (be it either of those 3) you will get the assist. IN a team fight you'll get assists like no one's business. I usually get a full stack by mid'ish game.

I usually get an Archangels and deathcap, sometimes roa or something depending on what I'm up against.

I have tried aura before, It just doesn't feel right to me, you lose out on having decent heals for later on among other things.

Perhaps it's just the way I play her, I find it a bit of a waste to ignore every single ability of hers and build aura only.

Having an Aegis or something is ok, but only aura's, you're not going to bring a lot to your team fights in terms of your own abilities aside from aura's.

I'd rather hav ea sona that can give me a good solid 400+ heal and spam it every few seconds along with some good dmg output.

This is just my opinion, aura may work better depending on your playstyle. I play sona quite aggressively, warding all over, flash ulting into baron/dragon, etc.

acosn

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
To me, building all aura on sona just doesn't seem to fit well.

I have this same opinion on building all aura on a lot of characters.

Hoever with sona, by building all aura items you are basically just there to give them the aura benefits, your heals will be low, dmg will be low, and basically you amount to being a moving buff that must be near your team.

When i play sona, I go meji's. Now you're probably saying "What? MEji's on a support???" but it works. Sona is hands down the EASIEST person to stack on. Because if you heal, speed buff, or q and then ANYONE kills someone after you buffed them in any way (be it either of those 3) you will get the assist. IN a team fight you'll get assists like no one's business. I usually get a full stack by mid'ish game.

I usually get an Archangels and deathcap, sometimes roa or something depending on what I'm up against.

I have tried aura before, It just doesn't feel right to me, you lose out on having decent heals for later on among other things.

Perhaps it's just the way I play her, I find it a bit of a waste to ignore every single ability of hers and build aura only.

Having an Aegis or something is ok, but only aura's, you're not going to bring a lot to your team fights in terms of your own abilities aside from aura's.

I'd rather hav ea sona that can give me a good solid 400+ heal and spam it every few seconds along with some good dmg output.

This is just my opinion, aura may work better depending on your playstyle. I play sona quite aggressively, warding all over, flash ulting into baron/dragon, etc.
AA is a bad item on sona. You spend half the game filling it out for a fairly uninspiring return on AP.

Rylai's, Rabbadons or heck, even DFG are better choices if you want AP.

Dogo4

01-22-2012

Any sort of AP is probably a bad idea on Sona, though. Her heal gets 0.25 as a ratio. If you're looking for the 0.7 and 0.8 on valor and her ult, those are fine ratios, but you're more likely to be a support. In that role, gold is super tight.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
AA is a bad item on sona. You spend half the game filling it out for a fairly uninspiring return on AP.

Rylai's, Rabbadons or heck, even DFG are better choices if you want AP.
inorder to constantly twist songs you will need mana, tear/AA is a **** ton of mana in 1 place, and i don't know about you, but i never have any trouble getting the mana stacked really quickly when it's the first item gotten (and still easy if waited on for a piece or 2).

MoonStoneX

01-23-2012

If your having mana problems build a chalice.