Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who DOSENT yorick counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strikerfox

Recruiter

01-27-2012

Quote:
Visinvictus:
Singed hard counters yorick. With movement masteries and runes (0/22/8), singed is faster than the ghosts with just a pair of boots, so he won't take much damage. Your poison also makes him think twice about last hitting minions in melee so he is forced to use ghosts on minion waves instead. You can easily live through the first few levels and farm minions, and after that you just dominate yorick with poison and flip harrass, and ult to finish him off if he isn't forced out of the lane to heal. Don't be afraid to do a drive by on him if you have your ult up and he is turtling behind the tower, if you time it right you can run in and flip him and take at most 1 hit from the tower because you are so fast. Rinse and repeat and he will be dead in no time.

Get regrowth pendant first, then get boots and upgrade to philosopher stone when you have the gold or need to heal and get mana. Get Rylais next, then start working on improving your tanking, prioritizing items depending on who is the biggest threat on the other team.

This build hard counters a lot of the best top lane champions, there are a few stalemates and a couple of surprisingly bad matchups though.

I think this is what the poster was looking for. Not a "if you have the right items and you level enough." I agree that Singed hard counters solo tops. If you face this in game, just switch with a good ranged carry, and they can whittle him to death.

Rutank

01-27-2012

Quote:
MrSheep:
Pretty sure he counters everyone solo top.

Garen's speed, spin reducing snare time, and bushes rapes yorick all day.

Asderition

01-28-2012

Skarner, ghouls can heal Skarner. More the merrier for me up top, ALL the healz

Rene123321

01-28-2012

Nasus can counter him easily...

ShantyKing

02-11-2012

Irelia can PWN Yorick, for the record. I've been playing him non-stop for a week and I've never been owned so hard as by an Irelia.

Olaf can give Yorick a run for his money, too, once he levels up some.

Roger Barbossa

02-11-2012

i think, a sion, a trynd/GP with high critical, a fizz, or any champ with FEAR could kill a yorick

JackSeven

02-11-2012

Olaf- Can Burst him hard to negate the healing from ghouls.
Nasus- Farmed Q with bush hiding to negate ghoul chase
Singed - LOL LOOK AT MY CLOUDS
Shyvana - Her aoe makes life expectancy minimal for ghouls
As a pretty serious yorrick player with my preformed ranked team, those are the only 4 counters I have issues with. A few of the others that have been mentioned just dont last long aganst him in lane. For example:
Galio- Seen this most as counter pick to my yorrick pick. Yes he has a shield, yes he can clear waves quick, but...shield heal gets negated by my red ghoul due to me leveling it first. Ya you get some heal but it doesnt make up for that first spike of damage from the ghoul summon. Clearing waves quick leaves him open to my greedy jungler.
GP- Ya crits hurt. Cloth armor-fixt
Irelia- Biggest thing with her is to not let her get you to 50 percent so she can dive you with ulti. Outside that level your red ghoul first, and push her around all day. She dives in on you, pop q on her and kite away
Chogath- ya heals on minion deaths, but most cho's will go oom trying to combo you, you can out sustain them some early use of meki pendant/chalice build. Cho also gets over extended alot trying to combo you, <insert thankyou from greedy jungler here>.

I know this wasnt mentioned but ill throw it out there for fellow yorrick players, make sure to use your slow to help your jungle.

Gail

02-11-2012

well im still quite new and only fighting in the 20's but at least so far as Voilbear i have had almost no issue with him seeing as i can just fear his pets and flip him if he even trys to get close enough to get a good harass but thats just my 2 cents plus with the ult i can take out all of thos little guys fairly quickly add that with his passive Regen and its nice =D

IshiFox

02-11-2012

GP can push him back, trundle will out sustain him, Nasus can push him, use clarity as a spell instead of ghost/flash to be a git about it. And why has no one mentioned rumble? You just burn away the ghouls.

That's Tank Plank too btw, crit plank is not viable after level 6 solo top full stop especially now the mastery was changed again!!

Husinecka

02-11-2012

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
riven and nasus. Nasus yorick is really a wash but nasus farming his q gives him the edge later in the game

nasus is a horrible champion, u should never use him solo top, u will loose. you should counter him with a laneswitch and pull your ad and support top if youre top champ is strong enough to take on bot.