Who DOSENT yorick counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XXXandBEER

01-25-2012

Vladimir its basically a life steal battle but over time vladimir gains the edge. Ive actually had a lot of good fights up top vs yorick as vlad so much back in forth life steal.

Gildim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

udyr, not a direct counter but he sure as hell can hold a lane against pretty much anybody

Werevark

01-26-2012

Gangplank loses early, but once he gets some health Yorick can't effectively force him out of lane.
Galio can use Bulwark to heal himself with every ghoul hit, and he clears waves quickly, minimizing potential harass.
Cho'Gath can kill Yorick's ghouls and heal off of them.

TheCrowing1432

01-26-2012

Yorick? Good at something?

Surely you jest?

anyway nidalee

Morlandros

01-26-2012

Who counters Yorick? Nunu with smite.

dumbleolf

01-26-2012

My solo top yorick starts with 740 health with heavy mana and health regen from masteries and runes. I also carry clarity and TP. Never moved from lane or even out farmed. Unless the whole team comes up for a gank even then i make it to turret and take 2 with me to the grave.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Pantheon actually beats Yorick if you play it right. Yorick generally losses to burst and ranged poke.

ItsDangerous

01-27-2012

I giggled when someone actually suggested riven... along with a few more.

Surprised no one mentioned olaf. Hes the only one Im usually legitimately worried about.

Visinvictus

01-27-2012

Singed hard counters yorick. With movement masteries and runes (0/22/8), singed is faster than the ghosts with just a pair of boots, so he won't take much damage. Your poison also makes him think twice about last hitting minions in melee so he is forced to use ghosts on minion waves instead. You can easily live through the first few levels and farm minions, and after that you just dominate yorick with poison and flip harrass, and ult to finish him off if he isn't forced out of the lane to heal. Don't be afraid to do a drive by on him if you have your ult up and he is turtling behind the tower, if you time it right you can run in and flip him and take at most 1 hit from the tower because you are so fast. Rinse and repeat and he will be dead in no time.

Get regrowth pendant first, then get boots and upgrade to philosopher stone when you have the gold or need to heal and get mana. Get Rylais next, then start working on improving your tanking, prioritizing items depending on who is the biggest threat on the other team.

This build hard counters a lot of the best top lane champions, there are a few stalemates and a couple of surprisingly bad matchups though.

ADC Annie

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerXXX View Post
Trundle is a troll counter (pun not intended). He can sustain infinitely, but can't push Yorick out of lane.

Maokai, however... comparable sustain because Yorick spams so much, and then once he hits Lvl 7 Maokai presses EWRQR and takes off 1/3 of Yorick's health if he didn't fight, and 1/2 of Yorick's health if he did fight. Rinse and repeat every 20 seconds, sustain with Catalyst, I think Yorick is going to die. Yorick can't even kill Maokai either, because he is a melee with no gapcloser.

Seriously, if Yorick catches up to Maokai, he gets a face full of Arcane tree bark from Maokai's Q. And gets knocked back. And slowed. GG
You havn't fought against a good yorick then lol, w mao, q a minion, run and e smack the tree. Basically by the end of it you've just chopped down the cherry tree