Playing Shaco: Is my build OK?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fritterdonut

01-22-2012

I've been playing Shaco exclusively in normal blind pick. My W/L ratio has risen and I find I'm going positive almost every game, even on losses, and I can carry pretty hard if I manage to grab some early game kills.

For my build, I grab boots and 3 health pots at start and take top or bottom lane. I'll box the bushes for a possible easy first blood or to force the enemy to at least go back to base.

I harass with boxes, push waves and poke with E. I get a level in JitB, then a level in deceive, then level Shiv whenever I can. First trip back I grab Madred's Razers and upgrade the boots to boots of mobility. I build Madred's into Wriggle's, and start roaming, pushing empty lanes and ganking, as well as grabbing the enemy's jungle and buffs.

Then I grab Bloodrazers. This is really a core item, it stacks Hallucinate's clone. Then I build a PD, then a BT. Then I'll just go with a situational item or Guardian Angel.

I tend to do a fair bit of warding for the team with Wriggle's + JitB, and in teamfights I generally jump in and aim for AP/AD carries.

I'm pretty noob at this game, does this sound like it would be viable? It has been so far, and I really enjoy Shaco's gameplay and the awesome ganks you can get with him.

I'm level 23, running attack masteries and a couple points in utility. My runepage is +20% AS, +4.5% crit chance. I generally take Ignite and Exhaust, I have terrible luck with Flash.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

You should jungle with Shaco, in lane shaco is pretty bad if the enemy have any form of sustain (such as Tryndamere's fury, Nasus's lifesteal, or Soraka Heal.)

Build wise, you are really squishy....might want to get some other form of MR earlier on, such as wit's end (which also works on clone)

Fluffy1

01-22-2012

if your playing AD i highly recommend jungling, unless playing AP shaco you just dont have the damage to harrass or control the area or farm creeps since you wont be building much mana regen if any.