Q: Ranged AD Carry Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonkeyBalls

01-22-2012

This case is specifically for Tristana but would be applicable to anyone who wants an early BF Sword. Tristana is my champ of the week I've been learning and I've settled on a drain build starting Doran's Blade, followed by Berserker's greaves. Then ideally I move onto The Bloodthirster and a Phantom Dancer afterward.

Quite commonly I'll get into the predicament of being unable to afford a BF Sword for The Bloodthirster and don't know what to do with my gold in that situation (I do pick up the vamp scepter). I have a few options:

1) hold my stash of coin, and save it up for the BF

2) start buying items for a Phantom Dancer

3) buy a Doran's Blade to hold it down and save the rest for future BF

4) work on a cheaper early-mid game damage item like wriggles or hexdrinker

I've tried all these options and have not settled on one I prefer over the rest. What do?

Carados

01-22-2012

Save it for the BF Sword, or grab a few Doran's Blades.

Don't rush a Phantom Dancer, especially on Trist. Hell, you should get Bloodthirster + BF Sword on Trist before a Phantom Dancer.

Soldrart

01-22-2012

Save for BF, and it's probably better to get the Infinity Edge first. Tristana is an auto-attacker, she needs it's passive, Bloodthirster is for an pure AD carry. (such as ez or corki)

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

It kind of depends on how you are doing. In most cases if you are forced B, then you wanna do something with the 1400ish gold that youve accumulated.

In this case, 2 more Doran's Blades are probably your best way to go. Instant toughening up, more lifesteal, more health, easier last hitting, stronger harass.

Trist needs the farm and you are better off getting stronger immediately to ensure you can continue to farm, even if it delays your BF Sword a bit.

SC0TT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

2 Dorans, Bezerks, vamp sceptor, then wait. Maybe some wards. That is what I have changed to on my Cait build.

Gjorven

01-23-2012

Get the pick axe for ie. It's a more important item than bt for a carry.