Do you think Odyn's Veil could use a few minor Adjustments?

Yes, It could use something 7 25.00%
No, It's fine 21 75.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Odyn's Veil, Timer Too Long

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crzymdscntst

01-22-2012

Personal opinion really, but I believe with the fast pace that Dominion brings, the 90 second timer seems a bit high. It can change the tide of a fight if used correctly, but only one skirmish.

Unfortunately, it's also not a starting item for many champs. Which means it's Active's use is really limited a bit after you actually might get it. (Edit: I used it twice from the time I got it last game.)

It's an AoE damage though, that deals 200base (max 400). It's passive 10% spell damage reduction really makes up for it though.

Frankly I don't see it as much as I should, but it isn't quite up to what it's potential could be.

Is it just me, or does anyone else agree?

EDIT: Rather than post a new post in the thread. I would like to make further note, that after playing with it more, it's timer is a bit on the high side, only because it's damage is. I feel if the timer is to be shorter then the damage would have to take a hit, base and max. It still feels like it may be drawn out a bit more than the pace of Dominion. Amumu's Ulti as the post below pointed out, is a AoE CC with high damage potential. Odyn's is base 200, max 400 (Which can only be reached by taking spell damage).

Phourc

01-22-2012

90 seconds too long? Amumu's ult would like a word with you...

larkhill

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzymdscntst View Post
It's passive 10% spell damage reduction really makes up for it though.
o look, u answered your own question...

leave it alone

lbgsloan

01-22-2012

Main problem is it's too expensive to fit into most champion's builds in Dominion. Unless you're playing a tank, you rarely have to gold to spare on a 3k defensive item. It's a decent item and all, it's just nobody can afford it. Usually most people go with cheaper/more versitile items like QSS, Hexdrinker, Aegis, or even just a simple Negatron.

Stimuz

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Main problem is it's too expensive to fit into most champion's builds in Dominion. Unless you're playing a tank, you rarely have to gold to spare on a 3k defensive item. It's a decent item and all, it's just nobody can afford it. Usually most people go with cheaper/more versitile items like QSS, Hexdrinker, Aegis, or even just a simple Negatron.
It's extremely good even on ranged AD carries, but like all MR items(cept mercs for obvious reasons) it's situational.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Odyn's Veil is a solid item. I don't know that it needs any buffs at all. It's a solid item for most champs to build from a catalyst.

Stimuz

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrYoS View Post
Odyn's Veil is a solid item. I don't know that it needs any buffs at all. It's a solid item for most champs to build from a catalyst.
It's a solid item for anyone who only has room for one MR item in their build.

Isurwars

01-22-2012

Banshee´s veil protect you from ALL damage of one spell and negate all CC comming at you every 45 seconds, AND in top of that give you better stats...

Odyn's veil don't protect you from CC and has double de cooldown in a game mode that takes 40% less time that SR. odyn's is lackluster when you compare it to Banshee's veil

FDru

01-22-2012

tl;dr: buff Ryze

Phourc

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurwars View Post
Odyn's veil don't protect you from CC and has double de cooldown in a game mode that takes 40% less time that SR. odyn's is lackluster when you compare it to Banshee's veil
Odyn's Veil is not for carries. It is for tanks to give them more damage.

Now, this does leave a gap in itemizing carries versus magic damage, but it doesn't mean Odyn's is bad.