Mordekaiser AP - Runes and Masteries???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yadinter

01-22-2012

Need Some build for mordekaiser! D: please......... Thanks

Carados

01-22-2012

Red/Quints: Magic pen/ Flat HP regen
Yellow: Scaling health regen.
Blue: Flat CDR or magic resist.

9/21/0 or such.

Yadinter

01-22-2012

ooh and some health per lvl does work? is better Hp reg than health?

Carados

01-22-2012

HP/level are bad runes. You get nothing early game and late game you get... a Ruby Crystal. At level 18. Totally worth it.

Princess Freaddy

01-22-2012

Marks - Magic Pen
Seal - Scaling Armor, Flat Armor
Glyph - Scaling Magic Resist, Flat Magic Resist, Flat Cooldown Reduction
Quints - Spell Vamp, Flat AP, Health Regen

Masteries - 21/9/0, 9/21/0, 21/0/9

You can either chose Mordekaiser to be a tanky sustainable mage, or a high damage burst mage. They both have Pros and Cons.
The sustainable tank mage can withstand ALOT of attacks with his shield because his shield is also affected by his defense and magic resist. This is the kind that sometimes survives the most hopeless situations. Usually you would build items with both offensive and defensive aspects, such as the Abyssal Scepter, and Zhonya's Hourglass. I personally like this build a lot because it scares the living hell out of your enemies after they tried to duel with Mordekaiser. Of course, this build has less bursting than the burst mage style.

Burst Mage on the other hand takes full advantage of his ultimate and powerful laning phase. This one you build all for the AP, making your ultimate instantly take 1/4 of your enemy's health, and slowly draining the other 1/4 in late game. You can easily get the enemy's ghost with this, since under 1/4 health will mean instant death to them. Also the very high AP makes it very easy to charge up your shield. Only downside is that you will get focused and you will die most of the time if that happens.

Lastly, you would always buy a Hextech Revolver(or it's next tier item) and a Rylai's crystal scepter no matter the cause. These are the two core items you just cannot replace with any other.

Carados

01-22-2012

Spellvamp runes are hidiously bad. Flat HP/5 runes give more HP regeneration, and they work even if you're being zoned/are trying to not push your lane. Don't waste your IP.

HP yellows are ****, for the reason previously stated. Don't waste your IP.

Rylais isn't 100% necessary.

RickyDown

01-22-2012

As Morde, its important you keep your shield up, even if its a little (can sometimes save your life). In Masteries, I go 9/0/21. 21 in utility because, you can have shorter cool downs on your spells which helps keeping your shield up. 9 in offense so he gets a little kick in AP.

Runes: i build a slightly tanky here, Magic Pen. In red, Armor in Yellow, with like 2 HP per level in Yellow (rest is armor),

In game, Get E first, rush to Hextech, and i mean rush, as soon you get enough go back and buy it, get Sorc boots, and Rylais so you not as squishy, from then upgrade your hextech to Will of Ancients, from there thats when i start to build tanky, depending on the situation, if theres a lot if AD and there farmed pretty well i get Thornnail, or Zhonya Hourglass, for MR, I get Abyssal for MR and a bit AP

Princess Freaddy

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Spellvamp runes are hidiously bad. Flat HP/5 runes give more HP regeneration, and they work even if you're being zoned/are trying to not push your lane. Don't waste your IP.

HP yellows are ****, for the reason previously stated. Don't waste your IP.

Rylais isn't 100% necessary.
True, Spell vamp runes are quite costly for expected effectiveness. I just thought they would scale off late game when your AP starts to sky rocket, but I have to admit it does seem unnoticeable in the early game.
Rylai's Crystal Scepter may not be a must, but it really does help out a lot in my opinion. It gives quite a lot of stats and a slow that can really help out in chasing or kiting. Also it can help out an ally fighter by shielding them, as it creates a constant slow aoe around him during the effect.

Carados

01-22-2012

You rune for early game.

HP/Level are bad, for obvious reasons. (Bad late game and early game).

Rylais is kinda a bleh Gunblade with how Morde should be built nowadays.

SnowTiger

01-22-2012

Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: Armour
Blue: Magic Resist
Quint: Ability power

That extra Spell Vamp is not so helpful just get WotA...