Ranked Will Take A While

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

Senior Member

01-22-2012

Dominion players are too impatient for Ranked. It took 9 months for the Twisted Treeline to see Ranked play. It took 5 months for it to even see matchmaking, which puts us in a relatively good position. Dominion came out at the end of September, and it's only been out for 4 months. Look, you just can't call the game a sport if it's not played enough to be fully developed. Give it more time.

For the time being, we need more players! Don't just ask your friends to play Dominion, teach them how it works. They won't see the depth if they don't understand Dominion-style map control. Have you invited your friends who wouldn't play Classic? It's not the same game. Possible Dominion newbies could be FPS players, Action RPG players, and people who like Warcraft III party or Boss maps.

And because searching for dates was such a pain in the rear, it would be a waste not to show you.

Twisted Treeline Timeline:

October 21, 2009: TT is available for Practice Games only

March 30, 2010: TT is available for Matchmaking in Normals

July 13, 2010: Season 1

And for fun: The Twisted Timeline

Thanks for reading.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2012

we don't want dominion to end up like TT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xanthic

Senior Member

01-22-2012

As long as the Elo isn't hidden through Jabebot, then I don't mind waiting a bit longer for it.
We have a nice little Dominion community going on right now, which feels good.
Although we have some bad fish trying to discard anyone's opinion cause they don't have a "high Elo". Luckily they get filtered out pretty quickly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaxtenn

Senior Member

01-22-2012

I had someone berate me for my performance after a game and confront me with my Elo, from Jabebot, as proof that I was playing like trash and worse than someone of my Elo apparently should have been. Out of nowhere. It was a normal game, not even draft.

Jabebot was an interesting curiosity, it was sort of interesting to find out what my number was, like finding out my IQ or whatever, but I hope they hide Elo once more, and release ranked as an outlet for the rude people who take a number way too seriously.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

Senior Member

01-22-2012

Yes, and look where TT is today.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
Jabebot was an interesting curiosity, it was sort of interesting to find out what my number was, like finding out my IQ or whatever, but I hope they hide Elo once more, and release ranked as an outlet for the rude people who take a number way too seriously.
Don't you dare get JabeBot removed because of your sensitivity. If they bother you enough, ignore them. It's simple, and I do it at least every other game. You could say I'm a master of ignorance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Dominion players are too impatient for Ranked. It took 9 months for the Twisted Treeline to see Ranked play. It took 5 months for it to even see matchmaking, which puts us in a relatively good position. Dominion came out at the end of September, and it's only been out for 4 months. Look, you just can't call the game a sport if it's not played enough to be fully developed. Give it more time.
I view this as a catch-22 situation. So some say that Dominion still needs to mature and iron out the details. As we've seen with Classic (and really any game anywhere), the way to really stretch things to their limits is with competitive play. Because people will naturally do whatever it takes to win.

And while Dominion has some very dedicated competitive individuals - let's be honest - there just aren't enough of them. And the way to get more competitive individuals, is to add ranked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
For the time being, we need more players! Don't just ask your friends to play Dominion, teach them how it works. They won't see the depth if they don't understand Dominion-style map control. Have you invited your friends who wouldn't play Classic? It's not the same game. Possible Dominion newbies could be FPS players, Action RPG players, and people who like Warcraft III party or Boss maps.
I pitch Dominion to my friends all the time. They acknowledge that the game mode is fun. But they view time spent on Dominion as time not spent getting better on Summoner's Rift, where competitive play readily exists. All because of ranked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
I pitch Dominion to my friends all the time. They acknowledge that the game mode is fun. But they view time spent on Dominion as time not spent getting better on Summoner's Rift, where competitive play readily exists. All because of ranked.
You are not alone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Yeah, I drag my friends into dominion whenever I can, I feel the net result has just been getting to play with my friends less...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
release ranked as an outlet for the rude people who take a number way too seriously.
I too didn't care about epeen, until I found out mine was HUGE xP