Akali question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eddieyhng

07-19-2010

Is rageblade or gunblade better for akali?
Discuss

Gunslinger

07-19-2010

rageblade is a lot less gold, and the stats you get for the gold spent on the rageblade is amazing. I think the gunblade would work well on akali, especially with her passive, but I think there are better ways to use the gold - such as more AP or AD and less spellvamp/lifesteal. I normally go Rylai's, rageblade, nashor's tooth and whatever boots seem appropriate..

Fatkid55

09-08-2011

Definetly Gunblade, the Rageblade is almost useless on her because you are hardly ever autoattcking. You do your combo and then shroud and wait for it to come back up again. The only reason to take Rageblade is if you feel you need to take down towers faster. And even then I feel like if you stack ap and get a lich bane that would do just as well if not better. But I feel Rageblade should never be built, aznd gunblade only be built last or later after your core items. Even though its often a good idea to build a revolver early on

DMPuffy

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddieyhng View Post
Is rageblade or gunblade better for akali?
Discuss
Rageblade is terrible, don't get Rageblade. You are not supposed to be constantly auto-attacking and throwing spells around wasting energy, you are a burst Assassin. Gunblade is good after you have your core (Lichbane, Rylais, Boots), but not the first priority. Gunblade should be built second to last or last, Rageblood should never be built.

As a sidenote, the revolver is a good early game item, you should get that early but don't get the full Gunblade early.

Fatkid55

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonards View Post
Rageblade is terrible, don't get Rageblade. You are not supposed to be constantly auto-attacking and throwing spells around wasting energy, you are a burst Assassin. Gunblade is good after you have your core (Lichbane, Rylais, Boots), but not the first priority. Gunblade should be built second to last or last, Rageblood should never be built.
yes

Solaris Shadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

09-08-2011

I would recommend Westrice akali guide if your asking for builds or items;
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=1785

In my personal experience rageblade is not that great on akali when compared to gunblade due to the fact that keeping stacks up is high, she is a burst champion which whose main goal is to burst carries not suitable for the sustained damage rageblade gives. Where as gunblade give you a large amount of sustain in lane due to the additional spellvamp and lifesteal as well as a slow on activate. Would defenitly recommend gunblade

RosesAreFF0000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2011

This is more along the line of how you want to build but I started out following the typical guides. Now, however, I won't buy either of the items. Once you can activate your passive through runes alone I find Will of the Ancients much more cost effective.

Gunblade - +60 Attack Damage +75 Ability Power +20% Life Steal +25% Spell Vamp UNIQUE Active: Deals 300 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (700 range). 60 second cooldown.
Costs about 3k
WOTA - +50 Ability Power UNIQUE Aura: Gives nearby allied champions +30 Ability Power and 25% Spell Vamp
Costs about 2k
So 5 more AP, the same spell vamp (you can also give it to allies which is always a plus), and it's cheaper. Akali doesn't benefit from AD all that much (aside from crescent) and the Active is useless if you have a rylai (which you should), so I honestly wouldn't invest in either. The faster you AP stack with akali the more brutal she becomes.

However if you're too low a level to activate the passive through runes alone, then gunblade >_>

Ayestes

09-09-2011

Akali benefits from AD a lot more then most people realize. Even if you didn't consider her two passives or her E, she does tend to auto attack a lot when Assassinating. Besides, Gunblade let's her be a threat at extremely low amounts of HP by throwing out a lot of burst for regaining health and her smoke shroud for denying damage done to her. Rageblade is a great item, but I feel there are more pressing things to get as Akali such as Rylais and Lichbane.