New Free Champion Rotation (Season One: Week 2)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OORAH34

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archlord Mythos View Post
That may be fine for YOU, but there are a lot of people who actually want to play the game.

Some people don't even buy many new champs, and want to test their champs first BEFORE buying them. Ever thought of that?
You have hit the essence of the free champion rotation on the head. +1

ELOisBULLSHYT

07-20-2010

That's wonderful.. I can't wait to practice with.... OH WAIT I CAN'T!!!

Epic Resser

07-20-2010

You *******s better not take my Rammus.

Wolf Phoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

When are you gonna have Xing Zhao has a fee champ.? Cause he is OP in the game cant wait till we cant try him out. ^o^ And maybe can you have Malalzhar free? thanks,riot team ur the best!

Whuuugo

07-20-2010

Riot screwed me over for putting 2 of my mains on the free week rotation.

Lol, oh well, it's so sad seeing people feed with Karthus and Fiddlesticks. Even sadier to see a Fiddle doing middle or sidelanes when he's the best jungling mage ever.
Cawcawcawcawcaw ftw!

Anyway, when is practice coming back up, people can't learn new champs nor try new builds because of this.
And n00bies will surely lose interest quite fast if they keep getting pubstomped by players with a little more experience than them (let alone experienced players with a 2nd lower level account). And the worst part is they're stuck in this scenario, not being able to practice vs lower skills people or bots.

MachineAmongMen

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstorSapolsky View Post
You're supposed to have fourteen heroes. You gonna buy fourteen champions?
i really dont like people that wont spend 20$ on the actual game. comes w/ 20 heroes and a free skin(blue kayle)

+ 10$ in RP. so you get 20 champs + a skin for 10$

STOP BEING CHEAP COMMUNITY

no wonder riot was so slow in coming w/ season 1

btw i've spent close to 100$ on this game. cause i know the more money we put into this game the better it gets

i love this free week rotation tho.. even if only two of them are champs i dont own.
been playing blitz crank for the first time.. only been negative once.. might try nid later on today

Babs

07-20-2010

Heh, Blitz. I bought him a day before my video graphic card fried, which means I can't play this week. So I guess it's ok this time Riot.

thesweeks

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineAmongMen View Post
i really dont like people that wont spend 20$ on the actual game. comes w/ 20 heroes and a free skin(blue kayle)

+ 10$ in RP. so you get 20 champs + a skin for 10$

STOP BEING CHEAP COMMUNITY

no wonder riot was so slow in coming w/ season 1

btw i've spent close to 100$ on this game. cause i know the more money we put into this game the better it gets

i love this free week rotation tho.. even if only two of them are champs i dont own.
been playing blitz crank for the first time.. only been negative once.. might try nid later on today
Yea, I see exactly where it goes: new skins that no one buys. Instead of paying those lib artists, they should be putting money into getting practice games fixed and better server capacity so games don't lag like they've done oh-so-horribly since the start of S1. I've actually held off from buying anything until the playability gets fixed. Sure, new champions are great, but when the lag makes the game unplayable, then it doesn't make sense to buy anything because it only encourages them to keep cranking out champs.

Karazu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quillithe View Post
Maybe it's just me, but if weekly free champions is a problem in ranked games, banning them from ranked games wouldn't be too crazy. After all, presumably in a ranked game you should actually know your champion and be pretty good. Since you get ranked and all based on how the game goes.
Whereas in normal games, you win some, you lose some, and it really doesn't matter much either way within a minute of the game being over. That is why people play multiplayer games after all - because winning all the time easily like most single player games offer tends to get...repetitive.
Like some of us have said, you need 14 champs to enter a ranked game, whitout the 10 free champions you have to buy 14 champs at least, meanning you have to "sacifice" your runes(in case you dont have 2 full tier 3 rune pages). Also, you need the 2 rune page at least becouse if your page 1 is for caster-dps and all of your caster champs are banned or selected, you will have to play a tank, or dps whit caster runes which will hurt your performance. The week champions help those fresh 25-30 to get their runes ready. Maybe later when every one have a bunch of champs ready and more rune pages, the posibility of excluding the free champs will be a good idea.

Vaelyn

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesweeks View Post
Yea, I see exactly where it goes: new skins that no one buys. Instead of paying those lib artists, they should be putting money into getting practice games fixed and better server capacity so games don't lag like they've done oh-so-horribly since the start of S1. I've actually held off from buying anything until the playability gets fixed. Sure, new champions are great, but when the lag makes the game unplayable, then it doesn't make sense to buy anything because it only encourages them to keep cranking out champs.
I'm pretty sure practice games aren't 'broken.' I suppose I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that the change is intentional. They stated they wanted the normal games to become the standard for practice, didn't they?