Important Information Regarding IP Restrictions in Europe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadax

10-13-2009

Ah. I see.
Well, I don't suspect anyone remembers my posts, but I have stated before that such a move is, for me, gamebreaking.

All very well and good to say "We will try to match you up with people who have put your language as their first" Pendragon... However if you're going to tell me i'm going to get just as good games with a filter that does not take into account skill (e.g. ELO high skill players will be either suffering from a language barrier, or putting up with lesser skilled, other English/french/german players) i'm going to have to call you a liar Pendragon. Don't even attempt to suggest the experience will be identical.

I remembered you guys from DOTA (guinsoo, Pendragon) and thoroughly enjoyed this game. A pity. I realise that because of money and publishing rights this is something you cannot change.

In the same vein, i realise now i should be playing HON, who are happy to accept my cash, right off the bat.

Give a bit of pity to the Brits, fellow forumers. Actually follow that forum link. See the topics. See the lack of dev response. See the lack of...well any kind of indepth discuss of anything. Look at the AWESOME guides section - which reminds me, i was going to make a twitch guide for you guys.

And GOA claim it's an identical experience. Pathetic.

Regretfully yours,

Shadax

Edit: For eye safety, wear sunglasses before clicking the EU forum link. It's so badly done it hurts your eyes.

Stormiy

10-13-2009

THE THING thats very very (i cant stress that enough) is that EU gets PATCHES and THE VERY SAME CONTENT as US. Thats about it. If i get **** like now that they have delayed patches for god knows what time i wont play, its pathetic...

Jackalope

Adjudicator

10-13-2009

posted on euro forums as well, jist of it is, you are ****ing retarded for forcing people where to play, I now won't be able to play with my American friends at all, let people decide where they want to play, since europeans like to have low pings guess what, they will play on european servers. I know I will, but I do want the option to play with my friends.

Meball

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-13-2009

That european forum makes me cry.

Tribalsoul

10-13-2009

I've been playing LoL and browsing the forums nearly every day since I got into beta.
I really like this game and was hoping there would be some cross-continent feature in LoL that allowed Americans and Europeans to play together, or have a server selection option in the game client like in Blizzard games with battle.net
If this couldn't be realised, I thought that I could at least download and play the US client (even though I would've really liked to buy the preorder pack) with the only downside of not being able to buy Riot points. But no, you really had to go that far as to prevent that from happening... That feels like a huge disappointment to me. I don't even feel like playing LoL anymore now. Good thing L4D2 is just around the corner.

ImaBastard

10-13-2009

You could have given the job to a hobo on the street and he would have done a better job than GOA.

Waterd

10-13-2009

This is the worst decision that was ever made in LOL i just can't believe it and made me lost all faith in riot. Really, it's a shame because they were doing great wtith LOL
Nice way to screw it up.
I have friends both in USA and europe, now i must choose with who i play? it's beyond retarded.

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

10-13-2009

Way to be a ****** Kevin.

I will never see any of my Euro friends again... including you

This is a crime I tell you! This is why we have wars!

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

10-13-2009
5 of 14 Riot Posts

We're not intending to side step the hard question, as you should know by now, our policy is always to be transparent, open and highly communicative.

The downside of this is that US & EU players who are friends won't be able to play together and that's why some people will be upset - in the same way that WOW players have separate regions.

The benefits of the situation are that many players who do not speak English will have local service that will be better tailored to them, support during their timezones, events corresponding with their country's holidays, etc.

We are working closely with Goa to try to create solutions where the players have the best of both worlds. That is why we are discussing international tournaments and other ways to address the concerns of the players.

We are fundamentally focused on delivering an amazing gaming experience to all users - and if anything has been demonstrated by us, we hope to be known for the fact that we care about our players and listen to them.

NeoIllusions

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-13-2009

Echoing the sentiments in this thread. In the beta, I have a great time playing with some of the European players. On occasion, I'm up very late and these are the guys I play with at 1-3 AM PST. The fact that you're limiting your customers to a smaller pool of players that they can play with is a very bad move.

I can't even imagine the impact this will have on a competitive LoL scene in the near future...