Every Day I'm Harassin': Yorick Build Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CroakerX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Hey, finally finished my extensive guide to Yorick. Check it out, hope you guys like it. http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=14942

EDIT: This has now been approved! WOOHOO!

Carados

01-21-2012

Great guide, I like the fact it's two sentences long telling us to read it.

CroakerX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Oh ****. Posted.

Warrrrax

01-23-2012

Comments:

1) Why would you not take the last point in defense CDR? Your build gives you 30% CDR eventually and you get 5.2 from Defense. Why not max that at 8.1? Youd take siege commander over another few CDR points?

2) You don't really have any extra health items. I know frozen heart seems good, but the lack of health is harsh.

3) why runic affininty and wards 5% vision? You could just get +2 AD from offense instead which might be more useful.

Personally I go with 2-21-7 and blue CDRs for 6% CDR starting, plus 8.2 = 14.2 by endgame.
I use Ionic Boots for +15% CDR, leaving 10% which can be gotten from visage to max me out.

4) Why merc treads? As tanky DPS, I don't mind eating the CC especially since I am not really an autoattacker. CC doesnt tend to affect my damage output, so I dont really worry about tenacity. I like the MR, but treads are pretty inefficient for just MR.
I go with the Warmog,Atmas thing but recognize that CDR is king.

Champs:

Talon - His stupid dagger **** outranges our W,E and slows. I usually only get off a W while eating his daggers and can never hit the E since Im slowed and its range sucks. How do you take Talon?

Sion - how do you bring his shield down? You cant Q him or he will simply blow the shield and you eat massive damage each time. (assuming AP style). W,E isnt usually enough damage, though the ghouls might eventually take it down.

Malph - he is really good at trading nukes, and his Shard has pretty long range. If you ignore him won't he simply shard the **** out of you? Or do you just use E a lot to get it all back?

Jax - is this the NEW jax you are talking about, or the old one?

In any case, really well written guide and massive props. I'd love to hear more detail about your build, vs WarmogAtmas though. (assuming ionic boots and cdr blues for maxing CDR)

RattyZ

01-23-2012

Yorick is my least favorite champion in the league. Very rage inducing.

therefore, by internet transitivity; I now hate you OP!

ಠ_ಠ

CroakerX

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Comments:

1) Why would you not take the last point in defense CDR? Your build gives you 30% CDR eventually and you get 5.2 from Defense. Why not max that at 8.1? Youd take siege commander over another few CDR points?

2) You don't really have any extra health items. I know frozen heart seems good, but the lack of health is harsh.

3) why runic affininty and wards 5% vision? You could just get +2 AD from offense instead which might be more useful.

Personally I go with 2-21-7 and blue CDRs for 6% CDR starting, plus 8.2 = 14.2 by endgame.
I use Ionic Boots for +15% CDR, leaving 10% which can be gotten from visage to max me out.

4) Why merc treads? As tanky DPS, I don't mind eating the CC especially since I am not really an autoattacker. CC doesnt tend to affect my damage output, so I dont really worry about tenacity. I like the MR, but treads are pretty inefficient for just MR.
I go with the Warmog,Atmas thing but recognize that CDR is king.

Champs:

Talon - His stupid dagger **** outranges our W,E and slows. I usually only get off a W while eating his daggers and can never hit the E since Im slowed and its range sucks. How do you take Talon?

Sion - how do you bring his shield down? You cant Q him or he will simply blow the shield and you eat massive damage each time. (assuming AP style). W,E isnt usually enough damage, though the ghouls might eventually take it down.

Malph - he is really good at trading nukes, and his Shard has pretty long range. If you ignore him won't he simply shard the **** out of you? Or do you just use E a lot to get it all back?

Jax - is this the NEW jax you are talking about, or the old one?

In any case, really well written guide and massive props. I'd love to hear more detail about your build, vs WarmogAtmas though. (assuming ionic boots and cdr blues for maxing CDR)

1. I had thought SV gave 15% CDR. I will edit in this change. Thanks!

2. Both SV and TF give you some health, and you heal a butt-ton back from your E (esp. with SV).

3. I'm definitely considering dropping the ward vision for a little MoveSpeed, but the Runic Affinity stays due to the fact that your team frequently gives you the second blue buff if you have map control, or if your AP carry is kennen/morde/vlad, or if you just like to push the wave quickly before going off to kill jungle stuff. Which is good.

4. If you prefer to go Atmogs, Ionian Boots of Lucidity are definitely a viable option. I personally love having the tenacity, since I do enough damage that it's profitable to stay in the fight.

Talon
If you're having trouble with talon, take your W off smartcast so you can make sure to hit him at the max possible range. This should get you close enough to E as well. Anticipate his Rakes and dodge them, laugh off the ones that hit, and heal it back. Just harass the balls off of talon and he has no way of sustaining.

Sion
I was saying to do that at early levels 1-4. Past 4 you can just wait behind for him to pop his shield then run up to hit him with everything confident that he can't do anything back to you.

Malph
Ignore him and use your E whenever necessary to get hp back/farm, yes.

Jax
New Jax. Who has now been buffed D:

Warrrrax

02-06-2012

With Talon, it usually goes down like this:

We both rush at each other and back off, trying to bait each other into using their ability. If one uses the ability and misses they back off waiting for CD.

When I hit him with the very edge of my W, I slow him. But he usually hits me with the edge of his Rake at the same time slowing me too. So I am unable to get the E off due to its crappy range.
If I use W and hit him and then back off, then I just got off the W which is pretty minimal damage by itself.

Maybe I need to try to use the bushes better so I can get the W,E combos which will outdamage and outsustain Talon.