Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Common Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magicapples

01-22-2012

Tech support,

My lap top (acer) just crashed during a ranked game, twice.

This same crash has happened numerous times, but it only happens when I play LoL.

I run windows 7. This problem has never occurred in 2011... it has only started some time in 2012.

I went to the internet and found somebody else on a dell lap top has the exact same problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-screen-freezes-goes-black-and-makes-buzzing-noise-622523.html#post3596150

he describes it well as the following:
So, I recently bought (3 months ago) a Dell XPS 15z from the Dell Outlet store and after about a month of use, I started to experience a problem. This problem has only occurred while playing 2 specific games, Penumbra Overture and League of Legends. It's not something that happens every time I play these games either and sometimes it does not occur for weeks.

My issue is very similar to another person's problem posted on these forums.

So here's the actual problem:
- When playing these games, a loud buzzing sound (is the best way to describe it) plays through I believe the speakers. When I have speakers plugged in it seems to play through the speakers and when I have my headset on it seems to come through the headset. The sound is like a BRRRR sound that occurs for about 1-3 seconds and then it stops.
- The screen also freezes, sometimes it freezes and sometimes it turns black.
- I can alt+tab and move my cursor but doing so just makes the screen black and I can't really interact with my desktop or anything.
- I can also ctrl+alt+delete to bring up the Windows 7 menu thing that has Lock this Computer, Switch User, etc. and I can click those but upon returning to the main screen, everything is pretty much unresponsive.
- The only way I know to recover from this problem is to force restart by holding down the power button

My Computer Specs:
Windows 7
Intel Core i7-2630QM @2.00GHz processor
6GB of RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 540M graphics card

My specs are:
windows 7
intel core i7 2630QM 2 ghz
amd radeon HD 6850M
I have a SS hard drive as well.

We have the same intel processor and chip set I see.

have you seen this problem before?

I found the following post from INTEL on this chip set
http://blogs.intel.com/technology/2011/01/chipset_design_flaw/

but i only have problems when I play LoL.... same with the other poster.

Velink

12-28-2012

bump

Timmy Tonga

01-01-2013

bump

Howard098

01-01-2013

Greetings.
Am I to understand that your laptop uses Switchable Graphics?