Dominate Dominion now has a Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hékate

01-22-2012

I'd honestly say replace Soraka with Karma. I hear more about Soraka being a strong bot than being a strong support. Soraka's heals/silence are just too passive/outclassed by Taric's aura/ult/stun/heal or Karma's shield/spirit bond. Taric's heal is actually pretty nice assuming you're building tanky enough to take advantage of the CDR/melee hit to give the proper heal throughput. If you try and play him like a mage it won't work.

Stimuz

01-22-2012

Karmas actually the best support for raw absorbs and heals. I actually feel all the supports (tarics a bit lower) are on the same level give or take. I used to compare Karma's shield to Janna's shield but truth is you rarely max shield first on Janna unless supporting an AD, while Karma does that every time. They all fill different roles and support different champ types.

Karma/Taric is best at supporting bruisers
Soraka is best by a mile at supporting squishy AP
Janna/Alistar best at turning op ranged AD like Vayne into monsters.

Hékate

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I still don't see much incentive to ever take Karma over Janna. They both have a shield, they both have a slow, however Janna gets a long range aoe knock-up instead of a short-range aoe that doubles as a bad heal. Then of course Janna gets her ult while Karma only has 3 skills. And Janna gives her team 3% movespeed just by existing, while Karma gets some bonus AP when she's near death.

Karma's shield-nuke is great and all, but that's pretty much all she's good for.

Soraka I wouldn't even consider a support on Dominion, she's better a situational bottom laner who can help top from there like Karthus. The mana-restore part of Infuse is rarely needed on Dominion, and her heal has an awful cooldown. It's fine for herself, but she's not much help up top unless the enemy team gets hosed by her silence spam.
I think most people would be in agreement that Janna is the best support in dom. It's the other ones in question

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Consensus that I agree with seems to be karma > soraka, so they have beens witched around.

The magic burst category feels like its slightly incorrect, anyone have theories as to whats missing?

ProSauce VT

01-22-2012

First off, rofl at whoever is down voting all of RealWolf M posts on the entire forum.

Second in terms of the magic burst category I think Malzahar deserves at least an honorable mention over Teemo. Other than that I think its pretty solid. Many people don't realize how powerful Brand's potential is in the right players' hands.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Is malzahar used at top lane very often?

Was thinking of maybe expanding it to a top 5 instead of a top 4, but I couldn't decide on who was a high enough burst and a dangerous enough pick to make it into that top position. Brand makes it on damage alone, while the other 3 are all incredibly mobile champs who are hard to deal with because of their mobility

ProSauce VT

01-23-2012

I feel I've seen Malzahar top enough to say yes however, he is comp dependent somewhat similar to how Leblanc is. You want him to be the only AP top and you want to have 2 good disruptors.

In addition to his offensive capabilities (particularly his putting a Voidzone and having someonelse stunning/60% slowing someone on it) he also has some useful utility. His Voidzone can cover half a turret as well as stops minion pushing from a safe distance. His Maleficent Visions lets him push back minion waves as well with one cast and he can literally leave the area. These two factors make it difficult to take WM with minions significantly increasing your defensive tactics.

It's rather difficult to get him off a turret without taking large casualties no matter who you are and to top it all off, you can build hybid AP/Tank items and still put out large damage due to his relatively high AP ratio's. That's my take on him anyway from what I've seen at top.

XaoGarrent

01-23-2012

I think Graves should get a low Honorable Mention in bottom lane champ and I could debate some of the orders but oh my god this is a tier list that almost matches my perception of champs perfectly. I'm so glad there's someone else who thinks Alistar is capable of being hilariously strong on Dominion.

Regory

01-23-2012

All the categories seem silly but at least I'm pleased to see some love for a lot of otherwise underappreciated champions. Gragas? Urgot? <3 (Ashe #1 carry? She's alright but Urgot to be kidding me...) The only egregious error I see was already pointed out: a severe lack of Nocturne. Everything else is minor quibbles and opinionated banter.

tl;dr version, Categories don't matter. A champion is either better or worse than another champion, period. That's how any normal tier list works. It's not the job of a tier list to make sure your team doesn't run five melee AD champs just because they happen to individually be the five "best" champions. ;[

That said, I could make some individual gripes too. The Support list in general is kinda bunk since "supports" don't exist as they do in SR but I especially don't like Janna or Zilean. Despite having great innate team buffs and high mobility, they simply don't do anything on their own. It's basically a 4v5 in terms of entities that can actually traverse the map, as these champions have to be glued to the butts of someone else to be useful. That's crippling when it comes to responding to attacks away from your current position or vice-versa. At least Soraka is capable of out-dueling a reasonable number of enemy champions, in addition to being a great situational bottom laner and a traditional "support" in larger skirmishes.

What's so disruptive about Sejuani? Someone like Cho'gath has multiple AOE hard CC effects. Even Galio being argued for has an amazing ultimate, even if its cooldown is prohibitively long. Sejuani is just a slowbot for the most part, not even heavy on the hard CC like Leona. She deals subpar damage yet she's not even tanky, having no natural defensive steroid, and she can't clear minion waves either. I don't see how she's good at all. I also don't think Irelia is all that special. She's not terrible but calling her a top-tier champion is a bit ambitious. She doesn't stand out any more than a Shyvana or Trundle or [other generic bruiser].

As for what's not on the list, or given less credit than they deserve... How about Twitch? Not that I think Eve is bad on Dominion but you put her #1 (or at least in a nebulous unranked Top 4)? There's nothing particularly dominant about her except her broken long-term stealth, so you must think highly of that. Well, Twitch can do the exact same thing and he's even ranged! ... He's not listed at all. While we're on carries, MF might also be notable for her great long-range mobility despite being otherwise unremarkable as a typical carry.

Nocturne is a pretty big omission. He's a strong duelist, has a ranged poke that few melee champions possess and he has hard CC (though it's delayed). His ult is pretty similar to Pantheon's in terms of the utility it brings to his team -- being able to reinforce points, gank bottom lane, or turn the advantage in a once-even battle from extreme ranges -- and we all know good global ults are at a premium in Dominion.

I think GP deserves better. His ult is probably the best utility in the game, sure, but he's more than that. No other melee champion has the ranged poking power he has. It both lets him avoid ranged kiting, as he can just shoot them in the face and come back a few seconds later to do it again, and lets him kite other melee champions. His raw movespeed makes him elite at moving between objectives and dem oranges just 2 gud man. His only major weakness is no hard CC but that doesn't stop Ezreal or Yorick from being dominant forces.

Man, what happened to Akali? At release she was pretty much considered the biggest "must-ban" in Dominion after Rammus. And while I personally always thought she was overrated, objectively speaking she's basically LeBlanc (listed as a top burst caster) with survivability and sustained damage on top of the ridiculous burst. Xerath? Pretty good champ in general, can poke from quite a long range and he has better mobility than most casters. How about Kennen?

And finally, I have a bit of a soft spot for Nunu. :P He pretty much rolls any bot lane champion that doesn't clear minion waves well and Blood Boil makes him one of the most overall mobile champs in the game. If nothing else, he is a situationally dominant bot laner and makes for a great "support" sharing his great AS/MS steroid and permaslowing any single target. I don't think he's a top pick by any means -- dude couldn't kill anyone if he tried -- but as long as you're standing behind that Support category...

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-23-2012

Quote:
(Ashe #1 carry? She's alright but Urgot to be kidding me...)
Wow.