Dominate Dominion now has a Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

01-22-2012

Overall, I think its a pretty reasonable list.

My only difference in opinion so far was already posted on dominate dominion, and I do see your point with your response to it. Ill probably be dropping by later after I let it sink in a lil more.

EDIT: Also, seriously, who is the one that keeps downvoting all his posts? Real mature.

Epjest

01-22-2012

List made me laugh.

Only agree with Disruptors, and AD casters. Rest looks bogus.

Cauldrath

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
I'm not sure how it is at your ELO but at the 2k elo, which is where everyone probably strives to be, and where the closest semblance to skill is, supports are played as support, and they do very well at it.
My ELO is pretty much determined by which team has fewer people who are useless, admittedly, but from the last tournament, I think the finals demonstrated pretty well why you can't rely on having a team that can only operate with 4+ members in a given fight, which is what happens when you have too much support (which disruptors could count as, too, but are generally much more valuable in Dominion). You just force them to fight on two fronts and the whole team crumbles. That's why you can't just be support and they build AP, Trinity Force, etc.

Quote:
AD caster, it is quite different. AD casters are unaffected by the slow aura of frozen heart, randuins, wardens mail's slow, the damage return from thornmail, the slow aspd skills of ezreal and malphite.
Yeah, they also get hit harder by silences, but I still don't think this is enough of a difference to make a new category. Saying that Pantheon and Urgot both use AoE (which isn't really Urgot's main strength, anyway), how does Talon fit into that? In what situation would you have 4 slots filled and think, OK, now we need an AD caster, but not an auto-attacker, should we pick Urgot, Graves (who has an AS buff, but is an AD caster?), Talon, or Lee Sin (who should generally be using twice as many AA as abilities)?

Tombot3000

01-22-2012

I think swain and Karma are underestimated. Karma can burst and protect and counter bruiser melee champions (very popular on dominion) well with her shield. I don't believe I have ever lost a dominion game as karma - she is very strong in 2v2-3v3 size skirmishes.

Swain makes a great bottom lane champ, and also excels in duels and small skirmishes,

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

In regards to bottom lane champions, its only what I have seen myself, as I don't have experience playing bot laners, and am pretty bad at bottom lane myself. However I do know what I walk all over as a very gank heavy player, and so some champions are further down the list due to their vulnerability to ganks.

Karma is one of those ones, personally I don't see a reason to pick her over a different support, but my team manager also thinks karma can be very strong. I'd like an indepth reasoning as to why she is better than the current support top picks (probably easier to argue against is soraka cause she doesn't do much supporting).

The 2 support meta doesn't quite work, or at least TOEWW didn't manage to get it to work successfully, but a single support + carry still works very well (and for a fair few of the games which have been won recently it has), something like janna + vayne can do amazing, though was looking into karma + wukong for someone who dives in with karma's heal+shield.

Finally AD casters, its the primary form of damage output. They are not shut down by blind, or any of those items, slow aspd's, etc, which is why they deserve their own thing. Urgot doesn't use AoE, AoE is irrelevant, I meant more that urgot uses his skills for his damage output primarily. Talon is the same, talon puts out a huge burst in a short amount of time purely through skills, and combo-ing htem properly. And every one of those champions also tends to build into damage and barely aspd.

Finally, graves is an ad caster and a ranged aa, because he has a huge burst through skills basically

Hékate

01-22-2012

In response to the Karma discussion, I think she's one of the strongest dom supports. She's pretty tanky and her passive can become pretty clutch in tough situations. From my experience with playing Karma heavily, it seems that most people focus on her heal when they think of support, when actually I think that's her weakest form of support and a waste of a mantra charge in a battle.

I typically build her with defensive masteries then CDR/AP/HP items and she's pretty tough to kill with that. Her shield is incredibly strong and the best use of her mantra imo. Mantra + shield = increasing your target's effective health and decreasing the enemy's, which is a pretty big change in a battle. Her spirit bond is incredible for helping allies get away by either slowing the enemy or speeding up the ally.

If there is an opportunity to heal multiple teammates and hurt enemy champs with your mantra + wave, it's strong, but aside from that I only use it outside of battle.

In my opinion, she's better at support than Sona/Soraka. Sona seems better offensively than Karma, but when talking about straight support, Karma's mantra shield + spirit bond are more likely to change the outcome of a battle/save an ally than Sona's heal/speed buff/power chord.

ProSauce VT

01-22-2012

I think it would be possible to argue over which supports work best for an endless amount of time but ultimately it comes down to your team comp. For example a Sona works amazing when you have multiple melee based champs because of her speed boost and ult. When paired with ranged however the speed boost is of less use and her ult becomes harder to maximize effectiveness. As compared to a Soraka who works extremely well with ranged. I wont go into the reasons for these discrepancies here as that would take up a page and half of at least of point and counterpoint explanations.

Ultimately with regards to any champ no matter what supposed tier/classification they are, team comp (assuming players of equal skill) makes the largest difference as to whom is the better pick. The only exception to this is Poppy, Kassadin and Urgot.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Galio replaced Cho Gath as honorable mention disruptor. Very tempted to replace soraka with karma for top support, but I am not sure if its worth it, what is your opinion?

ProSauce VT

01-22-2012

Karma is better as a carry support. Soraka is better as a Bruiser/tanky dps support. I tend towards soraka a little more due to her ult but a good Karma puts out more damage. Honestly if your looking to replace anyone I would say switch out Taric since his heal is near useless and while his stun is strong its all hes got going for him along with his passive AR bonus. Although his ult gives a nice bonus of up to 35 AP/AD, at the end game its rather marginal.

lbgsloan

01-22-2012

I still don't see much incentive to ever take Karma over Janna. They both have a shield, they both have a slow, however Janna gets a long range aoe knock-up instead of a short-range aoe that doubles as a bad heal. Then of course Janna gets her ult while Karma only has 3 skills. And Janna gives her team 3% movespeed just by existing, while Karma gets some bonus AP when she's near death.

Karma's shield-nuke is great and all, but that's pretty much all she's good for.

Soraka I wouldn't even consider a support on Dominion, she's better a situational bottom laner who can help top from there like Karthus. The mana-restore part of Infuse is rarely needed on Dominion, and her heal has an awful cooldown. It's fine for herself, but she's not much help up top unless the enemy team gets hosed by her silence spam.