Dominate Dominion now has a Tier List

12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Hrm don't see alot of ashes o.o

Scrubsicle

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whi View Post
Thought same thing. I thought he was more AD item based.
I typically see Warwick built with Spirit Visage, Sorc Shoes, Frozen Heart, Wit's End, and Bloodrazor. His super short CD on his magic damage Q and with most damage coming from the magic damage from his items and attack speed.

Therefore, Sustained Magical Damage.

Carados

01-21-2012

Corki being better then Sivir? What.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

As scrub said, he fits the role of magic sustained damage.

He stays in the middle of the fight, building survivability and doing almost exclusively magic damage. His Q is his main output and it is magic based.

The reason it is in categories, is that you pick champions for certain things. For example, you don't pick alistar for a damage pick, if your team is lacking damage he is probably not the best pick. At the same time, if you have no carry who benefits from it, picking janna to support isn't that great.

Most people probably dont' see much of the support class, as its not just required to play the support well, but to also have a very good carry you are supporting play well. But at the higher skill levels it is more common, and janna/sona are actually quite common picks.

Edit:

On a sidenote, as someone earlier said, the different sections were a bit confusing, so I have changed them around slightly. Am still in the process of fixing this, but now its based on how you do your damage, so the magic sustained are doing it through skills primarily, while the auto attackers (including on-hit) are through auto attacks

Melvear

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Corki being better then Sivir? What.
Damage output is similar, but corki has better poke and escape, both of which are very powerful tools in dominion.

On the other hand, Sivir can be a very good counter to some of the burst ap champions due to her spell shield and great sustainability via life steal. But that's more of a niche role than a true strength I would say.

RealWolf M

01-22-2012

a very good corki is better than a very good sivir, but primarily because the skillcap is so huge on corki, while on sivir its not that high.

For example I can easily pick up sivir with the skills from someone like Ezreal. Corki on the other hand requires far better positioning to make use of his gatling gun, timing on his R including making good use of the big one, using his aoe reveal for bushes, aiming his escape properly so you don't have them just run up and catch you again. Much more challenging than press q towards them. Press e right after an auto attack. Press w if they are going to nuke you. Press R if its a fight

Carados

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
Damage output is similar, but corki has better poke and escape, both of which are very powerful tools in dominion.

On the other hand, Sivir can be a very good counter to some of the burst ap champions due to her spell shield and great sustainability via life steal. But that's more of a niche role than a true strength I would say.
Sivir is one of the best bottom lanes in the game, and that's a niche? Okay.

Cauldrath

01-22-2012

How often are supports actually played as supports and, even then, work well played as support?

Taric is melee tanky AD, Sona is ranged AD, Soraka and Janna are ranged AP.

Is it really appropriate to have a category for them?

Also, I'm not sure AD caster is a needed category, either. You'd be picking Pantheon and Irelia for more similar purposes than Pantheon and Urgot.

A category that would probably be more useful is gankers - characters that can quickly get to bottom lane, secure a kill on the champ there (whether by damage or CC for the laner to get the kill), then get back top with minimal lost time. That's what makes Kassadin so good, not the fact that he puts out a lot of burst in team fights (which he does, but others can do that just as well).

In fact, it might not even be worth separating by magic damage and physical damage. It should be obvious that if your team is imbalanced to one damage type, you take a champ in the role you are filling with the other one.

DG TheFeedski

01-22-2012

Glad people are talking about it. It needs opinion from everyone, and supporting arguments as to why/why not someone should be where they are. One thing I have noticed though, is many people questioning a champions position just because they aren't played often.

RealWolf M

01-22-2012

Cauldrath, you would think it would be obvious, but even at the 2k elo I often see teams which skew very heavily one way or the other, and are easily destroyed because all they have is ap burst, for example.

As for how often supports are played as supports, I'm not sure how it is at your ELO but at the 2k elo, which is where everyone probably strives to be, and where the closest semblance to skill is, supports are played as support, and they do very well at it. Feel free to read previous comments about the 2 support meta that mollica kept trying to get to work.

As for AD caster, it is quite different. AD casters are unaffected by the slow aura of frozen heart, randuins, wardens mail's slow, the damage return from thornmail, the slow aspd skills of ezreal and malphite. Whats more, irelia is a completely different champion to pantheon. She excels at going through the frontline and diving a squishy, while pantheon doesn't dive very well and should be more orientated towards making good use of his stun for the teams focus fire, and getting off a good HSS onto multiple people. Urgot is similar, he wants to get his E off on to the focus fire, because of its armour reduction, land Q's for damage, and have his W up so that they are slowed and easier for everyone else to kill

12345678 ... 12