Dominate Dominion now has a Tier List

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KimKelley

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
Forgive me for being stoopid, but do you really play Kog as AP? confused.

Kog can actually be played well as AP. That said, even when played for his ranged attacking, he generally does a lot of magic damage due to bioarcane barrage and many of them also get a kitai's.

lbgsloan

01-21-2012

I'm really not sure about having a 'main' tier list just out of the blue like that. It's obvious a number of top players haven't had input on it, and there are way too many categories causing too much overlap. Tier lists should not list the same champions more than once, champions that excel in multiple roles simply means that are overall higher tier than others.

Also, Teemo magic burst champion?! AP Nunu does more burst than him.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Why should tier lists not list hte same champion more than once?

Are you trying to say that if I build ezreal AP he should do the same as he would if he was built AD? That sir, is rubbish.

As for "a number of top players having not had input", I have actually had response from a number of the top tier people who I play against often about what they think about it. Teemo is in AP burst because of Zaberz, if you disagree talk to him. There are still changes being done, and there are things I personally feel are slightly out of place but I am waiting to see what others believe.

The aim of this tier list is to be a lot simpler, you aren't judging Alistar vs Ezreal anymore. Because really, who can say if Yorick bot is better than Rammus top. Who can say if Leblanc is a better pick than Pantheon. Its an attempt to streamline it and make it much easier to judge.

If you disagree about a category, feel free to tell me what category, why, what you think a replacement category should be for that type of thing. For example, there is a large amount of overlap with ranged auto attackers, and magic sustained, because of the on-hit crowd. Should it be changed to magic skill based sustained damage, and on-hit champions, and then physical ranged? That adds an extra category

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

what input is this based off exactly?

RealWolf M

01-21-2012

The input of the high ELO games, mostly premade 5x5 at 2k ELO and above, in draft pick.

And the few competitive tournament matches, though outdated the Dominate Dominion tournament and the more recent and relevant NESL tournaments. There is not much here though as there are very few teams in these tournaments of a high calibre

CarnivaL

01-21-2012

So many things wrong with this, wouldn't even consider it a tier list. It's closer to a "stating-the-obvious-who-has-what-skills" list.

RealWolf M

01-21-2012

List updated, changed things around slightly. Still a bit of work to be done to fix the change.

Moved the 'onhit' ranged crowd (and melee crowd I guess) into melee auto attackers/ranged auto attackers. Changed the magic sustained to be those who do sustained damage through their skills, and have to stay in a fight, thus must have survivability or build it.

As such there are some slight inaccuracies at hte moment, will fix them later. Feel free to post what you think is wrong here now as it may help incase i miss something later (Like say kogmaw should be in auto attack range)

Whi

01-21-2012

Just curious why you made "classes" instead of making one tier list. I do not see how support can be more viable than other roles in dom.

WindWhip

01-21-2012

How does Warwick fit into sustained magic damage? I may be having a reading comprehension fail since I am really tired, but I just don't get it.

Whi

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWhip View Post
How does Warwick fit into sustained magic damage? I may be having a reading comprehension fail since I am really tired, but I just don't get it.
Thought same thing. I thought he was more AD item based.

1234567 ... 12