Best counter to leblanc?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thekelson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

I'm not sure if this is a true counter, but I've won my lane vs. LeBlanc every time I've played as Cass. As long as you poke her down considerably pre-6, and push the lane so she has to farm under the tower, her terrible farming will fall behind yours extremely fast. By the time she hits 6, you should have enough to either stack a few dorans rings, or buy your negatron cloak.

Either way you're usually capable of pushing the lane under their tower and not dying resulting in 2x the cs as LeBlanc leaving her with a terrible late game.

Her lack of ability to farm is the reason she falls off late game. Her only farming skill is her w, and if she levels that first her early game is bad. It's a lose-lose.

Crimsonodyssey

01-22-2012

Take it from a good Leblanc player (who actually knows how to scale well in to late game). The best way to counter Leblanc is having a push advantage over her. So far I have only seen one champion that has completely shut me down as Leblanc mid and that is Heimerdinger. He brought promote and always had a line of minions and turrets between him and I which in turn made it nearly impossible to harass. the one thing that completely shut me down was his promote. I'll probably get a bunch of hate for saying a Heimerdinger beat me mid as Leblanc but I've never been truly outlaned by anyone else.

Crimsonodyssey

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Other mages are generally AoE based and contribute much more to teamfights than Leblanc does. Unless she's very fed, she'll jump in and chunk a squishy down to low hp, then she can't do much for the rest of the fight in terms of damage.

And if they aren't AoE based, then they generally have superior single target damage (like Akali or Ryze), and are still stronger than Leblanc.

Obviously Leblanc won't be completely useless, but she's much weaker than other mages come late game. It's why she needs to try and secure the win early on.
I find it funny how you say "will get them to low HP" any skilled Leblanc will kill their target faster than they can even react to what just happened. It's actually fairly easy to kill someone in under 2 seconds with her if you know what you're doing. That inculdes getting away after the target is dead.

Everyone says she falls off late game..... that is one of the most ignorant statements I've heard about the best burst mage in the game. She isn't meant to kill tanks or bruisers. Her one objective is to kill the carry of the enemy team whether they are AP or AD. she is one of the best assassins in the game and has to be played as such. sitting in the middle of a team fight is not the proper way to play her.

Cenerae

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonodyssey View Post
I find it funny how you say "will get them to low HP" any skilled Leblanc will kill their target faster than they can even react to what just happened. It's actually fairly easy to kill someone in under 2 seconds with her if you know what you're doing. That inculdes getting away after the target is dead.

Everyone says she falls off late game..... that is one of the most ignorant statements I've heard about the best burst mage in the game. She isn't meant to kill tanks or bruisers. Her one objective is to kill the carry of the enemy team whether they are AP or AD. she is one of the best assassins in the game and has to be played as such. sitting in the middle of a team fight is not the proper way to play her.
Even if she has enough punch to still instakill squishies late game (due to getting fed early), that's all she can do. Kill one squishy. Then she can't do much else for the rest of the fight. That may be enough, but when you compare it to pretty much any other AP carry, it's pretty weak. Best burst mage? Not even close. Competent enough at being a single target assassin, but 'best burst' is laughable when you compare her to the likes of Brand or Annie.

LancerXXX

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Even if she has enough punch to still instakill squishies late game (due to getting fed early), that's all she can do. Kill one squishy. Then she can't do much else for the rest of the fight. That may be enough, but when you compare it to pretty much any other AP carry, it's pretty weak. Best burst mage? Not even close. Competent enough at being a single target assassin, but 'best burst' is laughable when you compare her to the likes of Brand or Annie.
That's assuming that there is a fight, and that there was no standoff where LeBlanc warped in and killed someone every 20 seconds. Dat Regi...

General Sassycat

01-22-2012

I can beat her as veigar by building chalice then sorcs and catalyst in whatever order. THen i either stun her mid just before or after her jump and burst her down, or if i don't think i can o that i just stun her after her combo and do more damage than she does.

tempname076325

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Tanky AP can do alright against LB if you don't let her get fed early and you keep pushing so she can't roam.

Vlad, once you get your book, has too much sustain and too much pushing power for her to really kill you, unless you get ganked early. Have seen Swain have some success as well. Ryze does alright if you get the early BV since he actually benefits from it anyway.

MuffinnTop

04-13-2013

i think fizz does pretty good against her just gotta wait till you got your combo and hopefully if you good/quick enough with your E you can pretty much dodge all her stuff cause most leblancs will q and instantly w not even thinking about

When you E her combo jump forward and w q so you charge back to where you were before

Devious Rogue

04-13-2013

Delay your build and get a tonne of pots for sustain. Farm from a safe distance and wait for the late game. If you chose a melee-mid, you're in trouble. Other than that, just farm up.

If the LeBlanc is smart, she'll start roaming to get kills, and you need to rely on your team mates to ward up or else she'll snowball off them.

I generally take Karthus. Sure, LeBlanc lanes strongly against Karthus and she wins all trades hands down, but if I can avoid dying to her until level 12+ (in team fights) and take it to late game, the 700 AP Karthus with 3k HP and 3k Mana will wreck the enemy team much harder than a LeBlanc with the same stats.