Best counter to leblanc?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

itzhammy

01-21-2012

I main le blanc, and the best best BEST counter to le blanc is ryze. He destroys her, and he goes into late game better than her

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Explain to me why her late game falls off. She doesn't bring much to team fights and the late game is all about team fights but every LB I've ever seen in normal games seem to do fine late game. This includes games where they are mid and just kind of stalemate their lane with the relatively same KDR and CS as their lane opponent.

I dunno, it almost seems to me that saying she falls off has just become the cool thing to say. Kind of like when people say that severely UP champs are fine to make themselves sound pro.

I don't have the answers as I am brand new to LB but as someone who almost exclusively mids, LB is the only champ I really don't want to see no matter who I use. If I only went blind but were psychic and knew when my opponent was going LB I would probably go Caitlin. She's by no means a hard counter but I can at least outrange LB, get some pokes in, farm decently all from under your tower. No one can stand toe to toe with her. Hopefully your jungler will buy you some breathing room.

It's better to be a tower ho than to be a feeder.

Yippppeeekiyayy

01-21-2012

Crtl-F galio

No result found, you guys fail.

Carados

01-21-2012

Kassadin. You can't combo a Kassadin (silence) and he takes less damage from everything (passive).

Landonpeanut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Kassadin. You can't combo a Kassadin (silence) and he takes less damage from everything (passive).
Except for the fact that, even before Kassadin's Null Sphere range nerfs, Leblanc was still able to cast her full combo before she got silenced. Leblanc actually shuts down Kassadin really hard.

Afraa

01-21-2012

zilean can win a lvl 2 fight with lb sending her back he also wave clears like a beast and at 6 unless you have been feeding she wont kill you before silence wears off so you can ult yourself and come back full health to give it back to her

also morg bs op also more wave clearing

Felix67

01-22-2012

Le blank falls lategame if you assume everyone gets BV and FoN.Other than that,she still remains a gr8 burst damager even late game.Also,Kass can counter her if played intelligently,but u need to play defensive until riftwalk.

Cenerae

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppress0r View Post
Explain to me why her late game falls off. She doesn't bring much to team fights and the late game is all about team fights but every LB I've ever seen in normal games seem to do fine late game. This includes games where they are mid and just kind of stalemate their lane with the relatively same KDR and CS as their lane opponent.

I dunno, it almost seems to me that saying she falls off has just become the cool thing to say. Kind of like when people say that severely UP champs are fine to make themselves sound pro.

I don't have the answers as I am brand new to LB but as someone who almost exclusively mids, LB is the only champ I really don't want to see no matter who I use. If I only went blind but were psychic and knew when my opponent was going LB I would probably go Caitlin. She's by no means a hard counter but I can at least outrange LB, get some pokes in, farm decently all from under your tower. No one can stand toe to toe with her. Hopefully your jungler will buy you some breathing room.

It's better to be a tower ho than to be a feeder.
Leblanc's primary damage comes from her QR combo. Her E doesn't do amazing damage, and her W is generally not safe to use for damage. After you've maxed out Q and have 2 ranks in your R, your damage simply starts to fall off unless you're fed. Now, if you build wisely, you can counter this problem to a certain extent (Deathfire Grasp for example), and you will still be able to explode squishies that neglected their MR. But it becomes harder and harder to do that as the game goes on, and that's really all Leblanc is good for. This is why her lategame is poor, because she can't do her job anywhere near as effectively as she can at the start of the game - unless she manages to get very fed.

TTT Jibca

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
she can't do her job anywhere near as effectively as she can at the start of the game
Sure, her lategame isnt as good as her earlygame. But people overexaggerate her bad lategame. She can still burst down single targets, which is pretty big if you can get the ad carry consistently. Although I will admit, other mages are better lategame then her, she isnt as useless lategame as everyone says.

Cenerae

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT Jibca View Post
Sure, her lategame isnt as good as her earlygame. But people overexaggerate her bad lategame. She can still burst down single targets, which is pretty big if you can get the ad carry consistently. Although I will admit, other mages are better lategame then her, she isnt as useless lategame as everyone says.
Other mages are generally AoE based and contribute much more to teamfights than Leblanc does. Unless she's very fed, she'll jump in and chunk a squishy down to low hp, then she can't do much for the rest of the fight in terms of damage.

And if they aren't AoE based, then they generally have superior single target damage (like Akali or Ryze), and are still stronger than Leblanc.

Obviously Leblanc won't be completely useless, but she's much weaker than other mages come late game. It's why she needs to try and secure the win early on.