Unskilled teammates hurt a lot more on the Crystal Scar than on Summoner's Rift...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaRatmastah

01-21-2012

True or not true?

I find if I have a teammate that feeds and plays bad on Rift, I can still carry, but in dominion, that guy who keeps going for a fourth point and then dying, leaving you 2v3 at top, just makes it impossible to win...

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Solo lane in SR gives more xp than duo lane. 3v4 at windmill? Experience, but the bad kind.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

The thing about this is that, even if it hurts more in dominion people will still TRY to win, but in SR? SURRENDER 20 REPORT GG NOOBS

Basoosh

01-21-2012

I find it harder to carry, but at least if they are dead weight, they generally aren't giving someone on the opposing team a several thousand gold advantage as they would on SR. So net result ends up being about the same.

ForgedLife

01-21-2012

Rammus is OP...
We want ranked dominion...

Oh, sorry i thought we were stating the obvious

Silent Reaper

01-21-2012

Yeah certain match ups at bot are really good especially dueling champions like Nocturne and Jax. Once they manage to get the farm it's GG..,

Encouraging

01-21-2012

I would say the opposite.

If someone on my team is doing bad in dominion, I can potentially adjust my play to what he and/or the enemy team is doing and still win, or ask him to follow me/help me take a certain point. If we can get back to having three points, we can win.

If someone on my team is doing bad in classic, then they get under-leveled, they miss out on gold farm, we lose towers (permanently), we lose map control, their lane partner may get picked off, the enemy gets more experience and gold, and generally we aren't going to recover unless the other side makes significant errors. A bad jungler can make everyone's laning phase go horribly, a bad initiator can make everyone's late game hopeless. Even if the problem player adjusts their play style, the damage is still done and the game is probably lost.

In dominion it usually (but definitely not always) feels like the best 2-3 players on either team usually decide how the game goes, in classic it usually feels like the worst 1-2 players on either team decide how the game goes.

Maybe the attitude of dominion players is just different.

SlyClone74

01-21-2012

Matchmaking is hurting.

Irelia lvl 13 - 74 wins (me)
Shyvanna lvl 19 - 30 wins
Warwick lvl 5 - 0 wins <----------------------- WTF.
Rammus lvl 15 - 27 wins
Tryndamere lvl 8 - 0 wins <--------------------------WTF

How is someone that never won a game of Dominion a Match for me? Why would I want to be someone's babysitter.. I understand if there was only 1 of those on an actual level 6-10 team.. but 2 of them on a lvl 15-19 team? You ****in serious?

Fix it. This is what kills the game right here folks. Having to teach people how to play Dominion while playing Dominion is kinda overwhelming, to be honest.

You need to fix your algorithm. It's broken. Because the enemy team had no one with 0 wins. And they looked pretty "balanced" to me.

which is why they won.

lvl 13 - 12wins
lvl 17 - 7 wins
lvl 8 - 18 wins
lvl 10 - 2 wins
lvl 14 - 10 wins

a bunch of lowbies. which should "be together" all the time.

I noticed also that when we win a game in Blind, I never see those people again. the ones I won with?

Why is that? Why am I constantly thrown in with brand new NOOBS who can't play?

I HEAR YA, OP I ****IN HEAR YA MAN.

Zulgaines

01-21-2012

You can carry in dominion, but it takes boat loads of experience to feel the flow of the game, and know who's going to need help where, and where you need to be, even if it's waiting near a speed buff to get there faster.

It's rare my score isn't somewhere around 15+/5ish/8ish, kills don't matter a lot in dom, but keeping them re spawning all game sure as hell helps.

SlyClone74

01-21-2012

I can't be at 3 points at the same time. and when my team keeps leaving what they just capped to go where the action is.. it's a loss.

I get that scenario about 70% of the time. Sometimes, I can save the game, others, it's impossible to save it. Because it seems the enemy team think ahead(like I would if I was on their team), and know I'll be there trying to recap, all by myself.

People say "don't ping"
People say "stfu noob you don't know how to play, look at your score"

I end up in last place with almost no kills and a whole whack of assists that didn't help us at all, since I gave the kills up to noobs who can't defend.

Dominion is great. Addictive. Fun to play when with the right people with the right experience.

I also feel bad when we dominate and win 450+ to 0. because the one or two good players on the enemy team got stuck with NUBS. Just like I did on the game above.

You may say "draft" find "friends" but the more you do that the better the chance that your champ is banned, or that the enemy team is also "premade" bringing the fun to a halt real quick.

again, skill level goes up. And wins go down.

I like to win. And I don't mind losing. But matchmaking is broken. Simple as that.