[Guide] Ryze against!

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fannypak

Senior Member

10-13-2009

Im not knocking Arcane Mastery, nor am I calling your guide bad, OR am I saying Battle Ryze is inferior.

However, Quick slide is right, Arcane Mastery is a transitional skill. When you pick up Arc Mastery, your game should be moving from early-mid to mid-late, and you should be transitioning from the role of ganker to the role of a carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quep View Post
@Alanspectro

Although, i do respect your criticism and agree on some points. Like and early game overload/rune prison will almost always yield a FB, In Front Of The Tower, in mid lane solo, which is common for me as Ryze, this rarely happens against a good player, so with Rune prison and Arcane mastery up, by level 5/6 i can snare and get at least 3-6 hits off, depending on their Move speed. Not to mention the extra damage i do to towers early on Does in fact help my team immensely.
Im usually playing Tristana, and I usually solo mid, and when I encounter a Ryze soloing, I have the time of my life.

Sure, he gets his ult quicker, but Ryze can rarely REACH a tower, let alone shoot it without being severely harassed. Im rarely afraid of Ryze while solo laning against hime, especially if he can only cage me, and then auto attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quep View Post
@Alanspectro

And while there are some items you could get, Like nashors tooth which i actually forget about sometimes, but the item is very good for attack speed, but i rarely need it with the elixirs active. Also Zring+Arch staff is devastatingly large amounts of AP but you may not even get that far in game... And even what you DO get from lich bane is a very powerful hit.
I rarely ever get Arch Staff on Ryze. It leaves me open to Veigar, and is too much of an investment when I could be aiming for my other main items. As for Lichbane, you simply DONT gain enough to warrent buying it over another AP item. You'd gain more from Rylai's or Abyssal Scepter simply because they are giving you their FULL benefit. Nashor's + a Utility Spec puts my rank 3 ult at ~59 sec CD, which is 5 seconds away from the CD cap. Having my ult up at almost every team fight, keeps me as a threat.

Ryze forces the other team to make certain decisions, that when abused, can allow your team to win every time. Ryze is usually always focused down first, which allows your true carries to fire away. Ryze can also force the other team to go for MR, which reduces their damage output, and pushes their core items further back. Not to mention having your ult up every minute can lead to people misjudging your CD, and trying to 1v1 you when you have your ult up.

Not saying your guide is bad, or your play style, but I disagree with it being the best wa to carry AND benefit your team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prorangutan

Junior Member

10-13-2009

I play Ryze main, I'll pick up Arc. mastery at level 5, then not again until that is my only skill to choose. I take the point at 5 because my spell pen runes make it hit harder than auto-attack, AND it's more mana which fuels Overload's mana conversion to magic damage. Having just a single point allows more last-hits without being robbed by minions.

I tend to notice a large increase in damage done after picking up a Zhonya's Ring. Give that some consideration


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wildstorm

Member

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanspectro View Post
First off, Lichbane does not give Ryze the full benefit from its effect. It only increases his damage by the remainder of his passive. IE. If you have 2 ranks of his "W" for a total of 20% of your AP as damage, you'll only receive the remaining 80% from Lichbane. Meaning at rank 5 of his Arcane Mastery, you're pretty much paying the full price for half the benefit of Lichbane.
This is incorrect. Lichbane does give full benefit. Ex: I was doing 250 dmg normal attack with W and did 550 non-crit with lichbane. I had around 300 AP so it adds up.


12