No leaver SOLUTION!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gordo San

07-19-2010

I posted the original here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=166459
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently
Pros
- ppl cant just leave because they cant play a certain hero

- saves time
Cons
-
you cant prevent playing with ppl who have a high amount of leaves. (I was in a team with all the players who had 10+ leaves in the profiles, one of them had like 50 something, and they LEFT GAME, i was not shocked)

-already a time penalty
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ain't saying is a bad or a good idea, just asking for ppl's opinions on this topic, and any solutions to fix it.

My suggestion - Players who have 10-15% or highter of their games being leaves should not be allowed onto ranked games. They can still play regular games (in hopes to fix the amount of left games to games play ratio).

So if you think about it....

If a player has 100 games played, and leaves 20 of them. (20% of games are leaves)

So he/she would have to play 101 more games, to fix the ratio so he/she would get 201 games (assumming he/she did not leave any more games). Which would give that player a ratio of less than 10% of their games being leaves.

Same goes for players with very few games. If a player has only played 1 game and left that 1 game, then they would have to play 10 more games for a total of 11 games played, with 1 left. Which is less than 10%

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This fixes:
1. Issues with playing with leavers (well reduces it at least)
2. Not enough ppl playing practice/normal games when they really should!
3. Banning seems a bit harsh, some ppl dont find it fair for legit reasons.
4. Leavers are forced to PLAY more games to fix their leaver status in order to play ranked games.
5. Crashes during champion screen. Since they don't count as losses but leaves, and theres no excuse for crashing 10 -15% or more of your games!

arkwin

07-19-2010

unless your isp sucks and you only have 1 in the area

ErdoS The Wise

07-19-2010

I still sympathize with the people leaving champ select... I dont do it often but i do it when it's necessary, and believe it our not it is often necessary. And there are other reasons than just champ choosing, like ditching champ select for a friend. I like the ration idea though, great. But champ select leave = leave is just dumb. And another thing about the ratio, they should only SHOW leaves when it reaches the ratio, rather than 6 (i think 6 is minimum).

BTW: Account get banned a certain amount of leaves, do they really? How many? o.0

NoOtherDestiny

07-19-2010

I wouldn't mind this system coupled with the current system. I'm not sure if it is good for character selection as too many noobs are used to queue dodging. I reckon apply it at 5% like HoN does for leavers that leave once the game begins. You have all game to return geez if you can't return by then, you either have a major rare event going on like a long power outage or internet outage, that won't happen enough to push you over the limit. I'd also suggest increasing the beginning time penalty for queue dodging up to 10 minutes to start with.

If you have a bad enough internet connection or crappy PC or whatever else, then that is your problem, and if it causes the other 9 players to waste their time, then you should be penalized regardless. Using excuses like I have to go to dinner, go to school, I'm going out etc for leaving should result in a penalty. Don't play the game when you know your going out or whatever in 20-30minutes when games can easily go for 1 hour or longer.

KURTii

07-21-2010

I don't think leaving while in queue should result in a penalty of longer than 5 minutes... It doesn't take long to find a game. People get penalties for leaving before the game begins but not for leaving while the game is in progress. Seems a bit weird to me. Dno, tell me what you guys think