I have 11111 IP and I find champion prices to be perfectly fine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odentay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

no, you don't need to own every champion, that statement is true. but after nearly 2000 games if i had stuck with a small number of champs i probably would have quit after 400 games

some of us NEED variety to be able to keep playing this game, i personally cant play a champ more than once or twice in a row before i feel they get stale and boring and need to swap it up. I also dont like waiting months in between free weeks to play some champs. This is the reason why i have a problem with the ip prices.

i play anywhere from 1-6 games a night, and i have a hard time getting 6300 ip built up to purchase evey new champion that comes out. and dont get me wrong, i never purchase a champ that i know i wont have fun playing, heimer, sona and lux are all still siting in my store, waiting to be purchased. maybe someday ill feel the drive to pick them up, but wehn every champ is being released at 6300 i cant keep up with the ip gain, they likely never will.

I currently own ever champion below or at the 3150 price point. (besides the 3 mentioned above) when i feel the need to pick up a new champ, learn how they work, and see if i can blow some faces off i have to earn 6300 ip. which depending on what im doing can take upwards of a month in which time 2 more champs have been released.

on another note to stay competitive at this game, and be able to actually win a game or two (which, lets be honest is more fun than loosing) I personally need to play a champion to be able to feel its counters, where its strengths lay, and where its weaknesses are.
if i had never played malzahar i wouldn't have learned that fizz is actually a hard counter to him. i would never have leaerned how to counter vlad, or how to avoid a rumbles ult (this one happened to me by watching people just walk out of it... >.<)

so, you may not need to own every champion, but personally I do if im to continue playing this game, enjoying it, and have fun...

and that's without even touching on the prices of runes. which are indeed too expensive. (specifically the quints)

Winterblaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

I have never spent money on Riot Points.

I have multiple 6300 characters (Lee Sin, Graves, Vayne, Riven, Wukong, Vladimir, Xerath, Caitlyn, Ezreal)
Every single 1350 or 450 champion, and then probably about 6 3150 champs.

I have four rune pages, and full runes in each of those.

I started playing last year, probably 1-2 games a day, with multiple hiatus's. Chill out ya'll, just get what you need.

AppleTeaCup

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterblaze View Post
I have never spent money on Riot Points.

I have multiple 6300 characters (Lee Sin, Graves, Vayne, Riven, Wukong, Vladimir, Xerath, Caitlyn, Ezreal)
Every single 1350 or 450 champion, and then probably about 6 3150 champs.

I have four rune pages, and full runes in each of those.

I started playing last year, probably 1-2 games a day, with multiple hiatus's. Chill out ya'll, just get what you need.
Well now, I have taken for myself the pleasure of stalking your profile in the client and on lolstatistics. You have all together 345 ranked games played. With 459 wins in normal game and a .96 W/L ratio, you have about 478 losses, adding up to a total of 937 normal games. You have 27 leaves all together in ranked and normal, but I won't count it since I don't know if it adds to the losses. In addition, you have 28 wins in Dominion and however many losses, but I won't count it.

So all together, you have played at least 345 + 937 = 1282 games in your LoL career (in one year!). Assuming you started on New Year last year, then you have played for 365 + 22 = 387 days. This means an average of 3.3 games every day. Even if you don't consider your "hiatus", there's no way that you have played 1-2 games a day.

In fact, your match history page suggests that you have played 5 games today and at least 5 games yesterday.

I don't disagree with the message from the OP, but you shouldn't undermine the work needed to even get half or 1/4 of the champions in this game. You say that you have all the 450 IP champions in this game. Well, there are 9 of them out right now, and all 9 combined won't even buy you a single 6.3k IP champion. Let's also not forget that 3.15k and 6.3k champs together make up the majority of the champions in LoL.

Atman Dragoon

01-22-2012

I know this is insane but Riot is a business. They need to make money. The high price of some champs, rune pages etc is to encourage you to occasionally buy something. Crazy. What jerks, trying to continue to make the game we love.

We should be thanking Riot that at least in LoL we can earn everything we need without spending a dime, that is not true in a lot of F2P games. In fact you can enjoy the game be quite successful using 450/1350 champs and average runes.

So if there is some champ you really must have now, and don't want to grind the IP, drop $10 and buy it.

Blanchimont

01-22-2012

it would be nice if there were new champions that didn't cost 6300 IP. how about some more 4800 ones or some new lower end ones.

i agree that rune pages are kind of expensive. having more of them available is nice for convenience but i think 6300 IP is a bit much for a new page.

on a side note 11k IP probably took them close to 200 games.

Odentay

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atman Dragoon View Post
I know this is insane but Riot is a business. They need to make money. The high price of some champs, rune pages etc is to encourage you to occasionally buy something. Crazy. What jerks, trying to continue to make the game we love.

We should be thanking Riot that at least in LoL we can earn everything we need without spending a dime, that is not true in a lot of F2P games. In fact you can enjoy the game be quite successful using 450/1350 champs and average runes.

So if there is some champ you really must have now, and don't want to grind the IP, drop $10 and buy it.
i fully understand that and have spent $300-400 on league... but the thing is, theres a difference between encoraging us to spend money with higher prices, and pricing everything as high as it can be.

these does need to be some price variety out there in the champs, when i started playing there was about 10, 6300 champs, now 6300 is the most common price tag.

especially since before season 1 they promised us a champ at EVERY price range.

Strikerfox

01-23-2012

I like that extra rune pages are available via rp or ip, but I'd like to see an ip bundle as well even if it is an absurd price.

Furikurifan4

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer10347 View Post
I disagree that you need to spend more than 12k ip on runes. Sure, if you buy the most expencive runes, you will have to spend 22000 IP. However, if you buy the cheaper generic runes, like armor for 205 ip each (1845), 410 reds (3690) quinces for 1025 each (3075) and blues for 410 (3690), its less than 12k.

However, 6300 seems way too high for extra rune pages. I will agree with that.

231 For Carrying
3690 +
---------------

But, it's not less than 12k, in fact it's 300 over 12k, just 300 ip short of being twice the cost of a rune page. I think that riot should sell rune pages 1 for 3150, or 3 for 6300, kind of a package deal setup. That's just my opinion man.

Arkrothe

01-24-2012

Champion prices, mostly i agree, except for a few champions who are as easy to understand as a 3150 champ. However, 6300 Is too high for a new rune page especially when you have to break the bank anyway when buying new runes.

cdnmute

01-24-2012

lol as one poster said, they are a business. They don't want you to be able to buy everything your heart desires with just IP and the game won't survive financially with skin purchases.

In my opinion Riot does a great job with their F2P model. there is not one thing in this game that improves your chance to win that costs real money. You can compete and have fun for free. It will take a larger time investment which you may not be prepared to give but then perhaps you have a job which would allow you some discretionary spending.

If this is your game of choice pick up some rp from time to time.

Riot doesn't charge for new game modes/maps, they don't charge for champions and they don't charge for runes. if you wan't the luxury of a sped up process then pay. or enjoy the product you spend NOTHING on at the pace they give you.

look at it this way, what have I given you? Nothing right? what have you paid me for? nothing, right?

what has Riot given you? a game you enjoy, right? what have you paid them for? nothing, right?

so you have given me the same amount of money you have given riot and look what they gave you.