I have 11111 IP and I find champion prices to be perfectly fine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killer10347

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

I've seen a lot of people complaining about how champions and runes are too expencive. Well, I've got news for you. You don't need to own every champion in the game.

I save my IP for champions that I try out, enjoy playing, and decide to stick with.

You also don't need to own an individual rune page for every champion in the game.

I decided to post this since I'll probably never have exactly 11111 IP again.

I'd like to make this thread into a discussion of IP prices on all items in the LoL store.
Feel free to agree with me or disagree. I'll respond to legitimate posts.

Ike2070

01-20-2012

Yes you need to own every champ in the game, cuz you gotta catch em all.

JaminBen

01-20-2012

What video is that

Killer10347

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

The video is "Re: Summoner Showcase #56 - Joy to the League" and the one on the right is Re: Summoner Showcase #57.

MHPhoenix

01-21-2012

All good, except for the fact that you are using internet explorer. PLEASE get some other browser xD...

I0N

01-21-2012

use google crome now or else

0din234

01-21-2012

i dont think the problem is the champions prices i find them 2 be ok, the problem is the runes pages and runes u need more than 12k ip 2 buy runes 2 get a complete rune page (generic runes page) and u need extra runes pages for some champs like kennen and rize that u cant run them w a generic AP runes, that 6300 for the extra rune page is a lot.

likeomgitsadam

Recruiter

01-21-2012

Hey all , There's this great commentator streaming right now , He'll be analyzing mid play and lane concepts over at www.own3d.tv/phrank !

Killer10347

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0din234 View Post
i dont think the problem is the champions prices i find them 2 be ok, the problem is the runes pages and runes u need more than 12k ip 2 buy runes 2 get a complete rune page (generic runes page) and u need extra runes pages for some champs like kennen and rize that u cant run them w a generic AP runes, that 6300 for the extra rune page is a lot.
I disagree that you need to spend more than 12k ip on runes. Sure, if you buy the most expencive runes, you will have to spend 22000 IP. However, if you buy the cheaper generic runes, like armor for 205 ip each (1845), 410 reds (3690) quinces for 1025 each (3075) and blues for 410 (3690), its less than 12k.

However, 6300 seems way too high for extra rune pages. I will agree with that.

Powerstoned

01-22-2012

I know it may be something you don't want to hear, but the "expensive" 6300 champs, rune pages and expensive runes are the only thing we're working towards. The price represents accomplishment, can't give it all away for a few nights playing.

But after we;ve all been playing a year or so, you should be sitting on stacks of IP snd a few sets of runes.
good job.

I bought 1 extra rune page, for a total of 4 which covers me, and on average 4 sets of each type of rune i run, so i have everything i need, without having to be a completionist. 50 champs, always float between 17-24k ip or so. I buy about every 3rd 6300 champ (any support or brawler for sure), and it doesn't make much of a dent on IP. I'm kind of on the fence about the new armpen/mpen combo marks.