Help with Kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mansa TChalla

01-20-2012

I have a few questions.

1. Is Kassadin supposed to be able to take on someone from full health? Or am I supposed to wear them down constantly and then go in for the kill?

2. Kassadin vs Malzahar. I had a hard time with Malzahar mid because he could out push me and keep me away from him with his visions. It was really hard to get in there and silence him because it meant I had to usually go into his fighter minions since he was always behind his caster ones farming with his visions and silence to speed his visions up.

3. Is lichbane on Kassadin viable? I've seen a lot of guides saying that Kassadin only needs RoA and Deathcap for a core build. Should I be auto attacking more with Lichbane combined with my W?

I really wanna learn Kassadin because he's a good mage and I love his lore. I've heard he can be good at all Elo levels and I want him to be my ace in the hole when he's not banned. Any help is appreciated.

Spiral Shark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

I have a few answers:

1. It all depends. Kassadin's job is to find the squishies, pop over a wall and bust a nut all over their faces, slap them up a bit for mana, rinse, repeat. Usually midway through their first combo they start running (never works). The tankier characters you should be using more of a hit-and-run tactic, but since they are not your primary focus, don't worry about it too much.

2. Malzahar is actually not too hard mid, but like all mid games as Kass you need to be extremely careful pre-ult. Once that happens Mal, like all other AP bursters when faced with Kass crumple like tissue paper.

3. I honestly distaste the RoA/Deathcap combo for Kassadin's core, it makes him too much of an AP burster in his own right and not a counter/anti-mage. One can go down the AS-route and focus on his passive and W, and for that Lichbane would be very effective. But tbh I don't know enough about that play style to really give you a core build. One might keep the RoA for the HP since you're going to need some more survivability.

Borisof007

01-22-2012

1. I find that if I ult in and Q immediately (and E, sometimes it depends), they'll get worn down and do one of 3 things. Allow you to zone them denying XP because they don't have enough health to survive another burst; They'll go back to base to heal, allowing you full control of mid for that duration; Or they'll try and stick with it in mid, giving you the kill. Be careful of someone who's gutsy enough to stay mid, either they're stupid or there's a jungler waiting and they're baiting you. If they have exhaust, really try and be careful (this is why I take Cleanse and Flash as Kass, allows me to get rid of exhaust and ignite and gives me that extra burst of "oh ****" that I sometimes need.

2. Once you hit level 6, just ult in and Q. Do this until he can't stay in mid or at least he'll yield positioning to you. This will give you the advantage you need for farming and possible ganks.

3. I have never used Lichbane on Kassadin, I build him purely AP. The route I take on items really depends on who I'm playing against. If I know I can harass a lot, I definitely start with a mana gem and 2 health pots. If i start against someone I know I'll have to trade blows with, I'll start boots with 3 pots in order to get off my Q first, preventing a counter strike. If I feel like I'm going to have to be more passive, I might take a dorans ring first (against some AD mids or against someone like Galio, who counters Kass very well).

Borisof007

01-22-2012

Just a follow up, if Kass isn't banned, it's really a gamble on taking him first. If no one on their team owns Galio, and champs like Morgana, Shaco, Rammus, etc., are banned, then definitely try to get him first and trade off for him (if needed).

Note that if the opposing team takes two AD's, sending one mid, it'll be very tough to take it.