A concern/suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shotindaface

Junior Member

01-20-2012

Ok so i was in twisted treeline pvp and nidilee (apperently decided to go for a tank build...) and she got thornmail.
Now let me get to the point of this thread as ashe with infinity edge, dorans blade phantom dancer,black cleaver and vampire staff she apperently needed to do no dmg to me when we were at full or near full health and apperently all she had to do to kill me was run away do no dmg to me and let thornmail kill me....keep in mind that with dorans,vamp staff and masteries I have about 17 percent life steal...So the 13 percent killed me if I have any idea how this item works not counting any possible reductions from standard magic resist.(I was at least on 80% hp)
So yea I didnt take a turret hit or anything I will admit that minions did attack me but that accounted for only 20% of the dmg with the remaining 80% being the thornmail..It just seems screwed up that this would be the case so as a suggestion I would like thornmail to have different affects on ranged characters similar to how frozen mallet has a decreased benifit to rangers my idea is that thornmail have reduced return dmg to rangers (20-25%) this would not affect dmg returned to melee characters. because if minions and thornmail alone killed me imagine if she fought back espeacially since she has done up to 500 dmg with one ability (is this a hacker or are my concerns of balence legitimite??).
At any rate feel free to correct any mistakes I have made she may have gone for an attack build then sold it to build the thorn mail (i am not 100% certain that she did this but it would explain the 500 dmg abilities(spear throws) I experienced before I died and the game ended).As a final statement I would like to say that even if the 500 dmg abilities were from a build that was sold to make the build she used she could have easily done the 20% of dmg the minions did or more.Thank you for your time and once again feel free to point out any errors on my part and/or disagree with me as long as you can support your ideas.
P.S. Im sorry if this is posted on the wrong topic but this occured in twisted treeline which is why i decided to post it here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boo

Senior Member

01-20-2012

you're ashe with a glass cannon build and you expect to do good in 3s?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koldheartedjsp

Senior Member

01-20-2012

what the **** did i just read

and you suck and need to learn the game mechanics

thronmail returns damage PRE mitigation (as in before it calculates armor) and lifesteal takes effect AFTER mitigation. So it is very likely you were hurting yourself more than them