Yi alpha strike issues.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Prize

10-12-2009

A few problems with the move.

1. If you do it and your target dies as Yi is warming up, he just disappears for several seconds.

2. Not sure if this is intended or not, but if a target is moving away and Yi uses alpha strike on it from max range, he will use the mana and do the animation, but not deal any damage or move towards the target, which greatly decreases its usefullness.

En Bruno Hest

10-12-2009

Might also add that if Yi Alpha Strikes when Time Bombed the bomb disappears without doing any damage to anything.

McBeard

10-12-2009

I notivced today as I played with Yi for most of the night. On some occasions Yi will dissapear but the ability will not go on cooldown. I'm not sure how this appears on other peoples screens.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by En Bruno Hest View Post
Might also add that if Yi Alpha Strikes when Time Bombed the bomb disappears without doing any damage to anything.
Same with Alpha Strike as Nunu's ult finishes. I think it's damn cool.

SlyGoat

10-12-2009

It's not about your target dying. Stuff like Yi being knocked back/up as you use it, your target stealthing or entering brush, all kinds of stuff will bug the skill out and make you disappear for 10 seconds. Plenty of time for them to run or even set up a counter-gank.

Collo

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
Same with Alpha Strike as Nunu's ult finishes. I think it's damn cool.
It's not just cool - it's −459.67 fahrenheit to be exact. Absolute zero for you.

Corona Nox

10-13-2009

Alpha Strike's current buggy state really holds back Yi as a character.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona Nox View Post
Alpha Strike's current buggy state really holds back Yi as a character.
cause without his alpha strike, Yi is completely useless as a character, and should be in the lowest tier bracket to exist.

Daesik

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonien View Post
cause without his alpha strike, Yi is completely useless as a character, and should be in the lowest tier bracket to exist.
Congratulations for passing your English Evaluation Examination! You have clearly shown immense ability to understand and interpret complex phrases like 'holding back' and relate them to other phrases like 'he sucks lol'.

McBeard

10-13-2009

I like the idea of Alpha Atrike avoiding damage, it APPEARS to give that intention of moving so fast, you can avoid being hit by anything on an almost molecular level. That's cool. Bugging out and dissapearing for 5 seconds when attacking something that has died isn't cool.

but I MAKE it cool thinking Yi dissapears into the afterlife just to punch them in the face one last time. That would take about 5 seconds. For Yi.