High Elo Wukong Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

01-20-2012

I don't get it. Explain?

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-20-2012

Wukong is the most well rounded and consistent of the top lane melee AD champs. Great CC/damage with his ult, naturally a bit tanky/slippery (due to decoy and his passive), and his Q basically gives him 30% armor pen for free (on top of being an auto attack resetter).

Pantheon is a bit less consistent since he's extremely allergic to CC. If Fiddle, Ali, or Blitz are present on the other team, he's going to lose a lot of damage to interrupted Heartseeker Strikes.

Riven is good but... just not in the same league as Wukong for some reason, probably because her gap closer is nowhere near as good.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post
Wukong is
Pantheon is
Riven is
And what is Lee Sin?!

Stimuz

01-20-2012

He forces you to buy too much armor. You can survive talon and pantheon with just a chainmail, though their damage is still very high. Wukong is an AD caster with a gap closer, stealth, 30% armor shred, aspd steroid and a super judgment ult.

Kiddalee

01-20-2012

It must be the armor shred that really sets him apart from other bruisers. Thanks.

Argodis

01-20-2012

I hate him. He's not overpowered or anything as there are counters, he's just too good at what he does. His kit is basically perfect for Dominion.

LegendaryEnemy

01-20-2012

In high elo play you can count on most people being able to play their champions fairly effectively. For this reason you want a team that is difficult to fight back against. You want to zone and disrupt just about everything their team can throw at you in as many types of situations as possible.

He has an instant stealth ability on a relatively short cooldown that can possibly absorb spells. This makes him not only difficult to focus, but it makes it relatively risky to do so because you may miss out on your cooldowns.

His Q does absurd amounts of damage and it also lowers armor. You can compare him to Pantheon or you can think about what he can do with Pantheon on his team.

He has a gap closer with fairly high range.

His ult does decent damage, but more importantly it knocks up anyone who comes within range of it during the duration. He has a very easy time positioning this due to his decoy and gap closer, and it also makes him very difficult to focus.

Utility aside, his numbers are very high. Decoy has a relatively short cooldown. Q does more damage than it ought to, that sort of thing.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
And what is Lee Sin?!
He's a jerk ' 3'

When I see Lee Sin I expect him to spend most of the game trying to assassinate squishy champs... his role is more in line with an assassin. He hasn't really got the tools to take down someone with 3k health and 200 armor.

The role for champs like Wukong is just kinda vomit damage on everyone, squishy or not. Wu does this through natural armor shred, Pantheon and Riven do this because their abilities scale well with AD and so their typical builds incorporate lots of armor pen items.

Phourc

01-20-2012

I think it's all been covered already:

- Armor shred
- AoE damage/knockup
- Stealth (Revealed by neutral towers, but decent escape mechanism in lane or jungle)
- High base damage, can build tanky and still be threatening

Degnared

01-20-2012

Well, he's very good, and I ban him frequently for the above reasons... but ONLY when I have first pick.