Help Me Spend My IP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonabon

01-20-2012

So I'm sitting on 12000+ IP and have decided to buy a series of champions. Probably one 6300, one 3150 and two 1350's (or maybe 2-3 450's, but I'm not sure how many of them I actually like).

I haven't yet played every champ ever, so I'm a little unsure and overwhelmed as to whom I should choose (especially with the 6300 champs since there are a billion of them and a lot of them are pretty strong in Dom).

So whether you just list your favorite to play, or list those who you think are the most viable (though not ban-worthy). Preferably looking for champs who you might think are the most flexible/less comp-dependent. Not looking for a tier list really, just personal knowledge and experiences.

Champs I already own: Alistar, Fiddle, Garen, Jax, Pantheon, Ryze, Soraka, Tristana, Warwick

My two rune pages at the moment are:
Mpen, AR/lvl, CDR/lvl, Flat AP (I also have AP/lvl blues I throw in some times)
ArPen, AR/lvl, MR/lvl, MS

After I get these champs I'll probably save for another rune page or two (please make these cheaper, Riot >_>), but yeah. Or if you think investing in more rune pages and just banking off free week champs is better, you can suggest that too. Honestly I hate being limited to these two rune pages, especially since you can't edit rune pages during champion select.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

I like Lee Sin, and I don't think he's a ban priority in most games. Does he get banned sometimes? Sure, but people are most likely going for Yorick, Kassadin, Rammus and pals instead.

KudoKou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Seriously, just buy all the 450s. For that price, there's no excuse.

I like Karthus and Jarvan on Dominion. Jarvan is a tanky DPS with good CC and mobility. Karthus is an amazing top or bottom who holds onto points even after his death.

Bonabon

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KudoKou View Post
Seriously, just buy all the 450s. For that price, there's no excuse.

I like Karthus and Jarvan on Dominion. Jarvan is a tanky DPS with good CC and mobility. Karthus is an amazing top or bottom who holds onto points even after his death.
The problem is I don't know how much I like all the 450's lol. I know people say Poppy can be strong. I've played Annie and thought she was kind of fun (though CDR dependent like many mages). If I did pick up any 450's it'd probably be Poppy, Annie and either Sivir or Kayle (though I've never played her either). Though Ashe is tempting with that Hawkshot so I don't have to face-check brush when I don't know where some of the enemy team is, lol.

Jarvan is a champ that's looked sort of enticing to me for a while. I like that even though he's melee, he doesn't need to be anywhere near the opponent if he just wants to harass/poke a little. Plus an on-demand AoE slow/shield, a gap-closer/repositioning tool, and dat ult all look like a fun kit for Dom.

Basoosh

01-20-2012

Maybe Blitzcrank? He's a great Dominion pick with a very unique playstyle and build order. Expensive, but of all the champions I own, I consider him to be the most fun.

Yorick and Sivir would be good pick-ups too - would really round out your options for bottom lane.

I think I'd second just picking up all the 450 champions, as well. You might not fall in love with every one of them, but they are just so cheap.

Zeynothix

01-20-2012

Depends on how you like to play. Personally, I LOVE Riven in Dominion. She is always considered strong, but no one really thinks about her. That means no bans (I've had one person see me in champ select and ban her so I couldn't play her).

Lots of disruption, lots of mobility, burst damage when it counts, and surprising defense. She is pretty easy to pick up, but takes a lot of skill to master. There are games where I go 20-10 k/d and people start running if they see me. And of course off games where we get locked down at spawn, but that is the same with every champ. I've just yet to see anyone dominate quite as much as Riven.

Riven seems to be free every 6 weeks or so. So you have another 2-3 weeks before she is up again to try her. Just never build health on Riven, it is useless.

Taenaryn

01-20-2012

Maokai is an awesome bot champ.

Sivir is good bot or top.

Talon is an amazing assassin.

Skarner *was* an awesome bot champ but haven't tested him since the nerf.

Kog'Maw just plain melts faces. He can work well bot, but is better top with the support of a tank.

Rammus was my favourite char before Dominion, and he's still up there, but I don't play him much anymore because I get bored of the OP Rammus comments.

Volibear is a giant fricken' bear. I love him. Not an easy win, but not completely useless.

Those are my fave champs. I have about 32 or 34 of them, and of them all those are my favs.

Hugs From Momma

01-20-2012

I'd suggest waiting on 6300s until you find some you really enjoy. It's a lot of play time down the drain if you pick one you don't play. That being said I'd recommend a lot of less-expensive champs for the greatest variety:

450s
Kayle (I never do well with her, but some people love her)
Poppy
Sivir

1350s
Janna (if you like supports - she has her place)
Malphite (situational pick against auto-attack teams)
Singed (good bot)
Sion (does well against poor players / low CC teams)

3150s
Blitz (great disruptor)
Gangplank (decent pick)
Kass (lol Kass)
Rammus (if you have no pride - play Rammus)
Urgot (crazy good bot laner)

4800s
J4
Rumble

6300s
Pick champs that suit your play style. Excellent choices include:
Cass
EZ
Graves
Irelia
Kog
Lee
Mao
Riven
Skarner
Talon
Vayme
Wukong
Yorick

InglouriousCobb

01-20-2012

Urgot all the way. One of the best bot laners, but can also dominate top.

AbsolutePK

01-20-2012

I've had decent success with a quite a few champions, however my rune pages suffer because of my desire to own all 3150IP champions.

Ones I've had a great time with
Annie (may only work in low elo games)
Caitlyn
Ezreal
Karthus
Katarina (very situational)
Lee Sin
Lux
Pantheon
Ryze
Singed
Skarner
Teemo

Personally, I'd spend it all on 3150IP champs, since I'm currently grinding out to buy Corki, Sona, Urgot, Udyr, and Kassadin.

But my logical side is saying BUY RUNES, so I'd recommend buying runes/pages.