Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tristana help!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwatNigglet

07-19-2010

So i starting getting into ranged characters, so I asked some friends who I should try out. They all say ashe. I personally do not like ashe so I went to trist instead. I have a few questions.

1. What is her viable roles?
2. is she good at what she is suppose to do?
3. is she viable in High ELO 5v5 SR?
4. What is the usual mastery build for Trist?
5. What runes should I use?
6. Which summoner spells is she good for?

I also heard she is really good at mid. Verfiy if possible

SomniumProxy

07-19-2010

She is a very good late game DPS (carry) and has some interesting early/mid game utility. Also she has built-in escape mechanics, so if you're good with Trist, it's likely that you will seldom die.

2. is she good at what she is suppose to do?
Yes.

3. is she viable in High ELO 5v5 SR?
Yes.

21-9

Armor pen/crit + dodge/hp per level + magic resist per level or crit
Quints for either armor pen or flat hp (crit occasionally)

Exhaust, Rally, Flash, Ghost

I also heard she is really good at mid. Verfiy if possible
That's true. She has very good early harrassing skills and some nice range which increases with level. She has high potential in mid.

xpsychedelico

07-19-2010

1. She's essentially your typical DPS, although some try building her AP, which gives her very strong early-mid game but she loses her effectiveness late game. Only three of her abilities scale with AP, but they have good AP ratios.

2. Yes, she is a very good DPS. Her Q gives her good attack speed, which allows her to concentrate on getting damage items before considering attack speed, if at all. She's an excellent farmer with E, and her passive, which increases her attack range per level allows her to hide very effectively behind her team while dealing a lot of damage. She has one of the longest range at level 18. I think only Kog'Maw beats her, but note that he has to activate an ability to get that.

3. I'm not too sure about high ELO, but as she's a solid DPS like Ashe, she should have her place. The only thing she lacks is better crowd control, which can be fixed with Lizard buff and/or Frozen Mallet. If you want to find out more, take a look at some of the Tier lists done by high ELO players, I believe she is around Tier 2-3.

4. 21/0/9, or if you want to be more durable, 0/21/9 is another possibility.

5. Armor Pen Marks, Dodge or mpregen/18 for Seals, Magic resist or cooldown reduction for Glyphs, Quintessence could be anything, Flat Health or Dodge for more survivability, Movespeed, Armor Penetration, etc. really depends on what you think she needs. You can also look for guides that may recommend other runes.

6. Cleanse and Ignite are probably the best for her. Cleanse as Tristana is quite dead when CCed, when you are caught, Cleanse, R, and W, and you should be home free. Her activated E is essentially a smaller ignite, so ignite has good synergy with her and will probably score you a kill mid.

She starts off with very low base damage, one of the lowest, so you have to last hit well early game. However, she gets very good health gains and once she hits level 6 she usually can score a kill if the opponent is well harassed. Most Tristanas harass with E, and some shots inbetween. The higher in level Tristana is, the better she can harass, by level 6 or so she can hit you just outside of the tower's range, even if you are tower hugging. I recommend you start off with Doran's blade, a long sword, or Doran's Shield, depending on your runes and masteries.

SwatNigglet

07-19-2010

What is a good core item build for trist?

xpsychedelico

07-19-2010

I usually get situational boots, IE, black cleaver/blood thirster, last whisper, maybe madred's after IE if the other team is tanky, frozen mallet if I can't always get Lizard and I'm getting focused. If you want a more crit based build, get one or two avarice blades early, and build it into Youmuu's later on. You can also consider getting Zeal after damage, and the game's likely over before you build PD (usually too expensive to get early, anyway).

SwatNigglet

07-19-2010

well by core build I meant a build I should always start with, usually 2-4 items, and then the last two items are situational. also, Am I stacking AP or AD with trist?

xpsychedelico

07-19-2010

You want to stack AD.

Well, like I suggested earlier, you can start with 3 items depending on your runes. If you're starting with Doran's Shield, it's best if you have armor pen runes at least for extra damage. If you're starting with Long Sword, you should have some health runes to give you survivability early game. If you start with Doran's Blade you don't get as good health regen, and constantly hitting to get life will hinder your last hitting as well, but it gives you some survivability and damage at the same time.

Always try and farm up a BF sword and boots straight up on your first trip back. Otherwise, get a pickaxe and build towards IE. That's the first complete item I try to get ASAP. If you are having trouble, you could get a brutalizer first, then farm for a BF sword. There really isn't a "set" build, it really depends on your enemy team and how you want to counter them with your items. I've already given you a general idea of the items you should be getting depending on the situation.

Pacifica Casull

07-20-2010

id recommend dorans sword or vamp scepter first, then boots, then right into madreds. Trist is the best push (arguably i know) in the game. and its because creeps assplode when they die. feed this and she can quickly move down a lane and force players back as they try to avoid being in the blast radius, also you'll get last hits MUCH more consistently and thats a lot of money. as much as tiamat looks like it'd be good for her, the wep isnt worth what it costs.

Eggtart Chow

07-20-2010

Hard carry, and she's extremely good at it. Don't play her on TT

2. Is she good at what she is suppose to do?
Very, very good. Arguably the best carry in the game.

3. Is she viable in High ELO 5v5 SR?
Yes, you either have an Ashe, Trist, or Corki carrying your team

21/0/9 or 21/9/0

Armor pen marks, dodge/armor 18 seals, CDR/MR 18 glyphs, flat health quints. You can have 1 armor pen quint

I run Ignite, Cleanse, Teleport, Exhaust but I always make sure I have Teleport. Flash and Ghost would be fine choices also.

She's one of my mains so if you need some mid practice with her I could show you a thing or two. I rarely ever lose mid as Trist. I also have a very detailed guide written for her, check it out here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=119419

Never get Doran's Blade or Vamp Scepter. Horrible first pick items. You shouldn't be attack very often as you should only be last hitting.

SwatNigglet

07-21-2010

thanks everyone! It was great help. Can't wait till I can test my trist out now