Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP gragas- Tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

01-20-2012

hi guys ive recently been playing AP gragas but i'm having some trouble with getting enough farm and winning my lane against those anti mages like fizz, leblanc and kassadin. ALso i can't get enough kills early game and often end up feeding.

any tips for me to counter those champions and getting more ills early game to carry?

(im decent at landing barrels.poke and then ult + E +easy Q +ignite)

thanks guys

D00MMAKER

01-20-2012

do a barrel roll

Warrrrax

01-20-2012

Gragas is not exactly top tier. His burst is also pretty tricky to pull off and easily negated by flash even if you do it perfectly since it relies so heavily on timing and placement of the Ult and that they don't move unexpectedly during the ult. So you really can NOT expect to get early game kills. You are melee so are at a farm disadvantage.

Best bet is to use barrels as you go in to last hit. DONT BLOW them immediately unless you get the hit of course...let em sit there to deter the enemy from messing with you as you last hit. It doesnt affect the cooldown!

d4l3kcaan

01-20-2012

bought gragas a week ago and was having the same problem.

as mentioned above use the barrels to last hit at first, launch one behind the minnions you are auto attacking (but still in range of them) and let it sit, blocking a counter.

Mr AIex

01-20-2012

A good suggestion from a friend who plays an excellent Gragas:

For LeBlanc, place barrels where she starts her combo from so that when she goes back she gets hit. It takes quick reactions but I've seen him do well enough times against LB to take the advice. Other than that, keep up your drunken rage and roam. If you can't get kills in your own lane, maybe you can get them in other lanes.

XTreeX

01-20-2012

Thats a good idea. I kept running from lb coz i thought her q dilemces. I didnt know she had to ult to silence. And i try to roam but if the enemy pushes mid hard then ill have to stay put. Thnx for tips so far. I smart cast all my skills, is this ok?

TheOneMillion

01-20-2012

Quote:
XTreeX:
Thats a good idea. I kept running from lb coz i thought her q dilemces. I didnt know she had to ult to silence. And i try to roam but if the enemy pushes mid hard then ill have to stay put. Thnx for tips so far. I smart cast all my skills, is this ok?

She doesnt have to ult to silence.. she only needs to follow up and land a skill after the Q.

superbsnorlax

01-20-2012

Against Kassadin, I lane pretty aggressively early on. He's also melee, so landing your barrels will be really nice and easy. This pushes him to tower, which, unless he gets his auto attack buff, will make it hard for him to last hit. If his team has a jungler, I ask our team to ensure that he doesn't get blue.

I generally follow the same thing for Fizz, but its much harder since he can dodge your barrels. I lack experience in this, but it comes down to whether or not you can outplay him and bait those Playful/Tricksters.

Screw LeBlanc.
But really, I haven't won against a good one. I just last hit with barrels, only come in for an autoattack last hit after I use w, and just try to push when I can. If you can consistently stick her to the tower, then you've done a good job. Last hitting under tower for LeBlanc is pretty difficult.

My two cents.

xNooBLorDx

01-20-2012

For me, i'm finding i have a lot of mana problems as gragas early on and i can't really do much agaisn't a ranged opponent since i'll be harrased and the barrel rolls don't do that much. I find that after i get my 3 doran rings everything works out much better. Hitting pretty high with the barrel rolls.

XTreeX

01-20-2012

Quote:
TheOneMillion:
She doesnt have to ult to silence.. she only needs to follow up and land a skill after the Q.

Thanks, i disnt know gow lb worked xD should i just try outfarm them without harassing?