Rammus AP? AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vengeance K

11-27-2013

Heyyy
I was using AP rammus for the whole season 3 but now its season 4 and I've seen people posting guides about AD rammus and changed greater mark from magic penetration to attack speed. Is AP rammus being nerfed or what?

AcktionJoe

11-27-2013

Rammus should be built as a tank... Health / Armor, and sometimes MR.

Or are you going for some sort of glass cannon Rammus build?

Vengeance K

11-27-2013

im building tank with a little bit AP
i usually go with sunfire cape, warmog, then aegis, randuin, followed by abyssal
this build is a tank rammus with a little bit of AP. thats why im asking whether i need to change my build in season 4 as people are recommending an AD rammus build

AcktionJoe

11-27-2013

Sunfire Cape is usually my first item.

I would say neither. Build all tank.

Banshee Veil is very good IMO if there are any AP champs to be concerned with. Also, Thornmail is amazing > If they have any sort of attack speed champ especially. Master Yi for example melts to a shield/taunt in about half a second.

Endgame I usually have > Sunfire, Banshee Veil, Waromg's, Randuin's, Thornmail, Locket/Frozen Heart.

That should put you well over 4k health. Your passive is going to give you a lot of attack power in itself, but you should be rolling in and tauting a squishy to instantly die to your sheild/thornmail while letting everyone swim in your Ultimate.

Chaos Open

11-27-2013

spirit of the ancient golem
boots of mobility
sunfire cape
thornmail
randuin's omen
Rylai's Crystal Scepter

You want to get boots of mobility as soon as you can, it makes jungling a lot more efficient.
The sunfire cape, thornmail, and randuin's omen is good on Rammus because he has a 3 second taunt, during which they will attack you, and the more damage they do to themselves when attacking you, the better.

Vasvatutin

11-27-2013

Not to hate on thornmail but there are kinda better options that provide a bit more utility. If there is a lot of AD on the enemy team or if someones lifesteal is rediculous (aatrox for example) go ahead and buy one

but I would build the following (not in this specific order)

Spirit of the ancient golem
Ninja Tabis (alacrity upgrade)
Randuins (health, armor and the active are all great)
Sunfire cape
Frozen heart OR Iceborn gauntlet (frozen heart in combination with spirit of the ancient golem + masteries gives you max CDR but Iceborn does have a nice passive if you can roll into a few of them + it has some damage)
Last item depends on their team comp but a visage, guardian angel, Banshees veil is generally a good item otherwise someone with magic damage will burst you for a lot.

(note that this obviously isnt the build order. Build according to what you will need to tank the enemy team comp)

doggeris789

11-27-2013

assuming you jungle him and not top

spirit of the acient golem
sunfire
randuin's
frozen heart
spirit visage/ thornmail

boots are optimal but, I always take mobility with homeguard because I run teleport/smite

if you are trolling and going for the ap rammus

rod of ages
rylais
hourglass
abyssal
liandries

or the hard ap rammus

deathcap
lichbane
dfg
hourglass
voidstaff

Mormpooid

11-28-2013

ok

Attached Images
File Type: jpg op.jpg (19.6 KB, 211 views)