helpful advice needed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vushei

11-27-2013

so I spent last year on my main account learning diff champs, roles, understanding why you lose or win games..

watch a lot of twitch, and im always working on something to make myself better as a team player that can help other lanes/roles...

im going into rank this year and would like some advice on who I should focus on using and rune advice..

I top lane with jarvan, kennen,
mid with morgana and adc with Ez, Varus, Sivir, vayne..

own elise, Diana, talon, the bundle that you get goth annie in..
know I need to work on support just so I can play it if my other roles are not available..

J4/morgana/Ez/varus/Sivir I main.. know these questions are asked a lot, and I don't know how to make this short..

should I focus on using Talon or Diana more mid?
and top? focus on kennen to go with my j4?
like to be aggressive in team fights and really enjoy being able to burst or like with kennen's ult, make an impact during team fights..

Know its gonna be more about counter picks, so I have spent a lot of time learning a few champs so I wont be a "play one champ or I cant do anything else" type player,,

have 2 runes sheets filled out and about 21k ip saved..
know I will need more, but haven't got any lately, was trying to wait on the new season to start and see what changes are made to runes before I got anymore..

thanks for any advice if you decided to read all this..
^_^.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippo77

11-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vushei View Post
should I focus on using Talon or Diana more mid?
and top? focus on kennen to go with my j4?
like to be aggressive in team fights and really enjoy being able to burst or like with kennen's ult, make an impact during team fights..

Know its gonna be more about counter picks, so I have spent a lot of time learning a few champs so I wont be a "play one champ or I cant do anything else" type player,,
I'm just a silver player and don't play all that much (maybe 10 games a week) but hope this helps.

-I main both Talon/Diana and they serve very different roles. Talon is AD while Diana is AP obviously but…Talon instant bursts people at 1-2 seconds max. He's also extremely squishy and can do pretty good AOE damage with W/R but he's all-in so you have to use his ultimate well with the invisibility, especially in teamfights.
Diana can be a lot more tankier obviously since she has a shield but still does good damage, but Diana doesn't burst instantly like Talon. So immediately you see that they have different roles, like where Talon is about shutting down a mid lane AP and roaming nonstop, Diana doesn't do as much of this.

-Kennen can deal well against Renekton which is pretty popular. J4 can knock up and I guess zone with ultimate. I'd just say, go with what your team could use: whether a knock up or AOE stun with Kennen. After playing a lot more top games…it's really about learning the match ups. Do you feel more comfortable with Kennen against Nasus or would you rather J4? Do you want to use J4 against Jax? Or Kennen?

-Counter picking is fine and all, but many players who really specialize and main 3-5 champions don't care about counter picking. To counter pick, you should at least have a good understanding (in my opinion) on how the champion you picked, counters the opponent.
Don't just go Jarvan against Jayce because someone said Jarvan is Jayce's worst nightmare. How does J4 counter Jayce? Are you knowledgeable enough to know how to shut down Jayce? Do you understand match ups enough?

Random tip but many people like to counter pick in Bronze/Silver/Gold from my experience and don't even use their picks well enough (since they don't really play the champion much at all…) that they counter the opponent. Many times, they just either go even or lose since they don't have that much experience with the champion they picked. Go with what you're good at and knowledgeable about.