Looking for advice on a drawing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joyproject

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

This is supposed to be LeBlanc, Trynd, and Shyvana.

Clearly I have a long way to go. What would make the champions seem more like themselves while keeping the "Chinese new year" feel?

Just looking for advice, these forums have always been awesome for that ;D

Thanks in advance all!

pbMaxx

01-20-2012

I have some tutorials on my website- http://pbryantart.blogspot.com/

Start with the tutorial entitled "Building a Foundation". People seem to like that one. Enjoy and good luck.

Joyproject

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbMaxx View Post
I have some tutorials on my website- http://pbryantart.blogspot.com/

Start with the tutorial entitled "Building a Foundation". People seem to like that one. Enjoy and good luck.
Umm, I am looking for ideas on what should go in my drawing.. not learning how to draw. Thanks though. I have a pretty solid foundation in the picture I linked, It simply lacks detail atm.

Teddybeddybye

01-20-2012

I'm not an expert when it comes to suggestions, but brighter colors like red will look great (Don't focus too much on blending the colors). Darker facial features, a thick outline, and less rounded lines could also work as well.

Vale Tudo

01-21-2012

Same here. Im just kind of stumbled regarding the lunar new year project.
I have no idea what to draw, and anything I come up with just doesn't fit my style.
I guess color and bold images would go well, Doesn't have to be necessarily "Chinese" themed.

Hardheart

01-21-2012

Looks good man. Costume designs are real nice. I would suggest telling some kind of story with the picture instead of them posing for a snapshot. I imagine that would go over better for the originality and creativity part of the judging criteria. If it was me I'd already give you 10/10 on visual appeal.

Zairex

01-21-2012

They are standing in mid lane next to a tower with a fireworks finale soaring above them. That's what I see in that picture... also you could touch up tryndamere to not look so scrawny and maybe make shyvanna look more feminine.

Treelo

01-22-2012

Just a few compositional things could really make this already well developed concept really stand out.
A stronger sense of the Triangle shape already defined would do wonders, something that follows from the shape of Trynd's weapon-hand forearm following down to shyv's horns, then back up to Blanc's waste-line finally across from Blancs hair back to Trynds head.

Also i wouldn't have any direct eye contact with the viewer. it would be placed better in the scene if Blanc and Shyv weren't looking directly at the 'camera'. That's just me though, hope it helps.