Evelynn: Hate has spread to Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crzymdscntst

01-23-2012

I've been semi-trolling with Eve as of late:
Ninja Tabi + Ruby Crystal> Heart of Gold> Wit's End> Ionic Spark> Odyn's Veil> Kitae's > Randuin's

Oddly, my damage output isn't bad, my survivability is extremely high (I also take Defensive Masteries)... It took the enemy 3 champs, and 20 seconds to kill me under their point. I'm thinking people just need to get some survivability on her if they want her to be a better pick.

Her AS from her Ulti really synergizes with the on-hit AS items she's got there. On-hits in general are good because she can land them. :/ She should only Backdoor when she's:
A. Behind on gold (Although assists should do better.)
B. Facing a heavy-push team. (Taking that one point will split the enemy enough for your team to get that edge.)

EDIT: Also Karthus with Hextech Sweeper is your bane. TF's Ulti except better.

lbgsloan

01-23-2012

The real problem I see with her is she's good at ganking bot, and that's about it. Others do the same job as her without being useless the rest of the time though, so why Eve? A good team will eventually just use a roamer of their own with an oracles (yes, it does exist even if buy it 1 out of 200 games) to counter you, and that's it for Eve unless you beg your team to throw everything at the oracle player for you. She's can't outfight another bruiser 1v1 if she can't get first strike, she depends heavily on landing that ravage/slow to start things off.

Darthbawlss

01-23-2012

My last 5 games had an Eve pug that lost us the round cause they tried to backdoor towers which they lost less then 10 secs after a cap if they managed one and we also lost most team fights by a hair cause she was never around. its very easy to understand the hatred for the champ cause 95% of her players are bad and/or trolls. Ill recommend what I always do to Eve players, only play her if you have a team of champs that compliment her in fights and/or your willing to actually help the team and not just run around like a moron.

Stimuz

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
The real problem I see with her is she's good at ganking bot, and that's about it. Others do the same job as her without being useless the rest of the time though, so why Eve? A good team will eventually just use a roamer of their own with an oracles (yes, it does exist even if buy it 1 out of 200 games) to counter you, and that's it for Eve unless you beg your team to throw everything at the oracle player for you. She's can't outfight another bruiser 1v1 if she can't get first strike, she depends heavily on landing that ravage/slow to start things off.
Actually, If you build her correctly she can 1v1 pretty much any bruiser except Olaf/Warwick, but since you need triforce first you really can't start modifying your build till its done. Thing is, her early game is weak, not late. Buying Oracles with the intent to 1v1 or 2v2 eve is pissing money away, it's gotta be bush ganks in which case it would work on anyone.

Whi

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Actually, If you build her correctly she can 1v1 pretty much any bruiser except Olaf/Warwick, but since you need triforce first you really can't start modifying your build till its done. Thing is, her early game is weak, not late. Buying Oracles with the intent to 1v1 or 2v2 eve is pissing money away, it's gotta be bush ganks in which case it would work on anyone.
I highly doubt that. Never seen a single eve who can 1vs1 bruiser. If they are equally fed, eve cannot kill until reinforcement comes back.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

I agree with the above posters. The hate isn't for Eve, it's for our experience with Eve players.

Most of the time when Eve is played, they try to backdoor way too often and lose the game for us. Opponents' mid is just not a good point to try to take, especially not multiple times. I have no problem with an Eve who plays like a weaker shaco or wukong. Still underpowered, but not by enough to make a difference over player skill. But bd doesn't work (other than very specific situations) unless you have the speed & escape of Kass or Rammus.

crzymdscntst

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whi View Post
I highly doubt that. Never seen a single eve who can 1vs1 bruiser. If they are equally fed, eve cannot kill until reinforcement comes back.
I do it quite decently. It's called Ninja Tabi, they screw up the expectations of an AD enemy who thinks Eve is an easier target. More survivability items on her means just that.

Also, Kitae's will be the next "big" thing on her. Seriously. (Her Ulti's AS with it is really funny... just watch out for enemy Odyn's Veil, since it's magic damage.)